Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How can you move if no mikvah?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:02 pm
To all those who are moving to toms river and jackson, are you aware there's no mikvah there? I'm not a rebetzin but when I asked my rav if I could move there , he said the shulchan aruch doesn't let you move to a place with no mikvah. I know its close enough to lakewood but talking about shabbos.

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:03 pm
I don’t live there but how far is it from the Lakewood one it’s not like hours drive to the nearest one

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:08 pm
[quote="amother [ DarkRed ]"]I don’t live there but how far is it from the Lakewood one it’s not like hours drive to the nearest one[/quote

Shabbos

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:09 pm
There is probably one a 15 minute drive during the week and you push off going Friday night. I live in NY with a mikvah just under a ten minute walk and I don't go Friday night its just too complicating.

Ellie7

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:09 pm
I don’t know any details and I don’t live in NJ, but I believe there are plenty of places in Jackson that are easily walkable to Lakewood.

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:12 pm
[quote="cnc"]
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
I don’t live there but how far is it from the Lakewood one it’s not like hours drive to the nearest one[/quote

Shabbos

Where I live there is only one Mikva It’s centrally located to what used to be the center of town now people have moved further further out I don’t know what they do on shabbos Maybe they just push it off how often do you go on shabbos really.There are literally people who end up living for different reasons like an hour drive away from a Mikva and they Figure it out I don’t see why you can’t move to a town over just because it’s a 15 minute drive just because he would want it in that area doesn’t mean it will be necessarily safe for walking distance on shabbos .

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:16 pm
I push off Friday night. Happens like maybe once a year.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:23 pm
Many people don’t go Friday nights even if they live nearby. I can’t imagine that’s considered moving somewhere with no mikva. There are so many other places that mikva is further than that

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:23 pm
Sometimes people go away for Shabbos....

And some areas in Jackson are walkable to mikvahs in Lakewood.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:30 pm
cnc wrote:

Shabbos

Only an issue if you go on Shabbos. I understand that some people hold you're not allowed to push off if it comes out on Friday night, but there are others who don't hold by that.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:35 pm
My rav tells me to push off Friday night. Hasidish in Lakewood .

It has happened one time in last 8 years.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:41 pm
I have an allergy to chlorine and can't use my local mikvah.
The closest mikvah that can accommodate is 2 hours away.
I just don't go on Shabbos.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not a rebetzin but when I asked my rav if I could move there , he said the shulchan aruch doesn't let you move to a place with no mikvah.

I'll be moving to a place where the nearest mikvah is 4 hours away. We'll be building one!

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:47 pm
They’ve already built one or two for shabbos in Toms River within the past 6 months
Weekday is easy obviously.
Idk about Jackson cuz I don’t live there but I’m sure they are also going to start popping up Shabbos ones

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:47 pm
The landings area in toms river has one that is open on fridays. You need to call and confirm you are coming.

Frumme

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Only an issue if you go on Shabbos. I understand that some people hold you're not allowed to push off if it comes out on Friday night, but there are others who don't hold by that.

This plus there are many reasons people don't go to mikvaos on Shabbos even if one is nearby. For example maybe they have to cross a bridge... May be an issue of techum Shabbos

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:49 pm
at least 2 or 3 areas in jackson are working on mikvaos for friday night

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 2:12 pm
During the many lockdowns in Israel numerous people made mini mikvaos in their homes for like 10k
If you have 600k plus to buy a house , you don’t have another 20 to mekadesh the home

Something to think about

Librarian

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
There is probably one a 15 minute drive during the week and you push off going Friday night. I live in NY with a mikvah just under a ten minute walk and I don't go Friday night its just too complicating.

complicated

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 2:18 pm
Some people just don’t think before they move.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries