Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando vs San Diego

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:13 pm
Where is there more kosher food available? This would be work-related, so I would be staying in some hotel somewhere, not in middle of the frum neighborhood, if there is a specific area.
I feel like such a New Yorker asking this. I expect the answer is either going to be "NY is not the only place that has Jews. Both of these locations have tons of kosher food" or "Not everywhere is NY, where it's easy to get food. Bring cans of tuna and buy crackers at Walmart." I've never been to either of these places and I really don't know anything!

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:15 pm
I would expect more in Orlando because it has enough to support it. There is very little available in San Diego. I think there is a supermarket that has some products.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
I would expect more in Orlando because it has enough to support it. There is very little available in San Diego. I think there is a supermarket that has some products.

That's good to know, because I've been leaning toward the Orlando option for other reasons. If food is easier there, that makes it even better.
(I may not have a choice of where to go, but I probably will)

thepickled

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where is there more kosher food available? This would be work-related, so I would be staying in some hotel somewhere, not in middle of the frum neighborhood, if there is a specific area.
I feel like such a New Yorker asking this. I expect the answer is either going to be "NY is not the only place that has Jews. Both of these locations have tons of kosher food" or "Not everywhere is NY, where it's easy to get food. Bring cans of tuna and buy crackers at Walmart." I've never been to either of these places and I really don't know anything!

Don’t know much about San Diego, but Orlando has one Winn-Dixie supermarket with a pretty substantial kosher section, including meat and cheese. There may also be a restaurant or two.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:26 pm
San Diego has Ralph's which has a variety of kosher products and a kosher takeout section which is pretty decent. Orlando has Winn Dixie which also has kosher products but no takeout. I think there is a restaurant or two in orlando.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics