Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fast Metabolism Diet questions
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 3:46 pm
I know there was someone doing this successfully and I have a few questions! I hope you see this.

Isn’t it hard to eat so much fruit? I like fruit but so much fruit is hard for me.

The serving sizes can be annoying. 9 oz tuna is a can and a half. Not sure why it bothers me but it does as does the 4 1/2 egg whites!

Have you been able to find nitrite free deli turkey?

Any other meal suggestions appreciated!!

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:38 pm
Hey! I did this diet and lost 10 kg so far.
so about the fruit. I don't like fruit like at all. days when fruit was mandatory I drank lemon juice in that amount.
I always ate less:) one can of Tuna, 3 or 4 eggs. you get it:)
I stuck to chicken brests tuna and chickpeas...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:44 pm
Wow that’s impressive!! Yes just eating one can of tuna would make sense but I guess the over eater in me says that if “I’m allowed” I should eat it!! Thanks for posting.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:14 pm
So I have been doing this su for 9 months bh. I have lost close to 60 pounds.
The fruit doesn't bother me and sometimes when I need a change I'll just make myself a smoothie from frozen fruit and water.
I, like the previous poster, eat one can of tuna.
I did find nitrate free turkey by Costco but it was not very tasty and I couldn't eat it. I met someone who was doing the diet, who told me she eats turkey with nitrates and I do the same. I also found nitrate free Lox wh I eat on phase 2.
Ill be glad to answer any questions you may have.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:54 pm
My biggest question is…. Did you lose weight on other diets? I have an extremely hard time losing weight even when following plans to the T.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:58 pm
Honestly, I would always lose in the beginning of other diets, but would stop losing or lose a tiny bit. This is the first diet where I was able to continue losing. It has been a life changer for me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 3:21 pm
What do you usually have for Shabbos? I’m making the leanest cut of meat I could find, spiced and baked in some vege broth and broccoli. Hopefully it will be decent. Tmr I will have eggs whites for breakfast with peppers, Jerkey for a snack, lunch will be lox and verges, deli turkey for snack and I don’t know yet for dinner. Can’t say I’m very excited. I am a carb junky.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 3:27 pm
Friday night :
One slice regular homemade challah
One slice salmon
One bowl chicken soup full of allowed vegetables
A tiny bit of chicken
Shabbos morning:
A Grapefruit
Seuda:
One slice regular homemade challah
One slice salmon
A vegetable salad
A little bit of chulent.

Afternoon I eat another fruit.
I wash for ss and mm and eat one Spelt matzo for each, with vegetables and protein usually chic peas.
Also don't forget your water...

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:09 pm
I’ve been doing it for two weeks. I like fruit but sometimes feel like I’m overstuffing myself.... lox I found nitrite free but deli I couldn’t find. I cook mostly only with allowed spices. Last shabbos I had a bit of spelt challah but I’m tempted to just have regular this week since butterscotch said she did and I don’t have spelt challah or matzah.
Meats I’m not so careful with making sure they’re lean since Bh I’m a Yiddishe mamma and have a family and guests to feed too.
I miss potato kugel though- it’s my all-time favorite food.
I also miss coke.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 5:24 pm
I can't tell you how much potato kugel I used to consume weekly. Suffice it to say that I now make one third the size kugel for my family, and sometimes have leftovers.
Kugel was an all time favorite, but honestly at this point, I totally don't crsve or need it

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:57 pm
Anyone without a thyroid (taken out due to cancer) lose wait on this? And also did u find it confusing? I wanted to start it last week but felt so overwhelmed with how to organize a menu and prepare foods to take to work. I'm going to try to start again this week or next week.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 9:35 pm
Do you have the app? It makes it pretty clear. Home Screen is annoying but overall app helps a lot. My issue is compliance. I ate two cookies and some candy today and am wondering if I ruined all my hard work and if this is sustainable for me. I am very much hating all the protein.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 9:45 pm
I’m doing it too!! This is my first shabbos on it. I actually came down with the flu so I haven’t been able to follow it since yesterday but I tried sticking to the plan as much as I could (spelt challah, veggies, chicken soup, etc.). Hoping to feel better enough tomorrow fo continue more strictly and will be downloading the app now. Good luck everyone! I think it’s a fantastic diet and not too extreme.

amother
Freesia

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:00 pm
Sorry you weren't feeling well dimgray!!!
Op How do I find the app? That sounds great!!!! I'm just not so tech savvy. Didn't know there was one/ I just bought the book. Or any good online support for it?

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:03 pm
The app is called fast metabolism diet and easy to find in the App Store. I cheated and had a small piece of kugel. I’m looking forward to going on a scale, I’m sure I lost a few more pounds Bh.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:06 pm
Go to the “App Store” on your smart phone and type in “fast metabolism diet” in search bar. Click on the one that says “fast metabolism diet” and I think you have to pay under $3.00. I actually got the app a long rime ago so I can remember. Then you enter your name, birthday, height and weight etc and it shows you what you need to eat and when.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:21 pm
I got the app and it was free.

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 5:05 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Anyone without a thyroid (taken out due to cancer) lose wait on this? And also did u find it confusing? I wanted to start it last week but felt so overwhelmed with how to organize a menu and prepare foods to take to work. I'm going to try to start again this week or next week.

Hey, I bh do have a thyroid:) but I'm on thyroid medication and I, loosing successfully bh:)

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 3:19 pm
Has anyone successfully done this diet while nursing a baby?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 4:24 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Has anyone successfully done this diet while nursing a baby?

I’m nursing, losing weight and Bh my milk supply is great as usual Bh.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise