Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do people in Florida ever use fans or only AC

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:53 am
Should I bring them?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:33 am
In the summer?

Many people have ceiling fans which are used with air conditioning because it helps circulate air but I don’t know anyone who relies on fans in that kind of climate. In a humid climate, it is unbearable without good A/C. In a dry climate it is bearable but not ideal.

Why would you shlep a fan anyway. If for some reason you actually wanted a fan, they are very cheap amd you can just leave it with your hosts.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 5:52 am
Yes, when the ac is not working and hasn't been repaired yet.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 6:21 am
As a Floridian I can tell you that the AC is an absolute must. We only bring out fans for sukkot or of there's a power outage.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:11 am
How would a fan help during a power outage? OP clearly means an electrical appliance, not a palm leaf or folded piece of paper on a stick.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:39 am
Amarante wrote:
In the summer?

Many people have ceiling fans which are used with air conditioning because it helps circulate air but I don’t know anyone who relies on fans in that kind of climate. In a humid climate, it is unbearable without good A/C. In a dry climate it is bearable but not ideal.

Why would you shlep a fan anyway. If for some reason you actually wanted a fan, they are very cheap amd you can just leave it with your hosts.

We are moving to Florida soon G-d willing.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:41 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
As a Floridian I can tell you that the AC is an absolute must. We only bring out fans for sukkot or of there's a power outage.

Is it ever mild enough in Coral springs to open the windows and use a fan because it's cheaper than cooling the whole apartment?

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 9:39 am
southernbubby wrote:
Is it ever mild enough in Coral springs to open the windows and use a fan because it's cheaper than cooling the whole apartment?

There are milder days in winter when A/C wouldn't be necessary.

If you are moving and own fans, why not just have them moved along with other stuff you are moving there. They are pretty portable.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:23 am
zaq wrote:
How would a fan help during a power outage? OP clearly means an electrical appliance, not a palm leaf or folded piece of paper on a stick.

Because many people have generators.we have hurricane season every year.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:28 am
southernbubby wrote:

In the winter sometimes we leave the windows open but that's only a few weeks out of the year. Most places are built with drywall and concrete. If you keep the temperature above 85 degrees the humidity is likely to cause mold in your house. Painting the roof white, insolation, or upgrading to an energy efficient AC can bring down your electric bill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating