Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Plus size outfit/dress to wear to wedding

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 8:54 pm
I have a wedding in August and another one in October. I need to go shopping in person in the NY area for something I can wear. I don't have time to order online for the August wedding and in any case I really need to try a lot of things on to see what fits. I'm just over 5 feet and 250 pounds so I need a place that specializes in plus sizes, not just a store that has a few XLs.

I can get anywhere in the Queens, LI, Brooklyn, Monsey areas but I prefer not to schlep into Manhattan.

Helpful suggestions please?

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:36 pm
I have been successful in Elzees in Boro Park. But there are probably higher end stores that have a more quality stuff if that's your cup of tea.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:39 pm
I’ve gotten great pieces at beautiful boutique in Monsey. It’s a plus size store with really nice stuff.

HelloG

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I’ve gotten great pieces at beautiful boutique in Monsey. It’s a plus size store with really nice stuff.

I second this

smss

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:46 pm
Impact Fashion if you can spend $250-350.
Drama NYC if your budget is more like $100.
ETA: Impact Fashion does not have a storefront but they have extremely accurate sizing charts on their website. Drama NYC I think does, not sure exactly where but should be on their website.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 2:26 pm
Thank you so much for recommending Beautifull Boutique in Monsey. I was just there today and I walked out with an extremely flattering dress. The saleswomen were lovely and very helpful without being pushy. I highly recommend the store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics