Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black diamond jewelry

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 1:57 pm
Would you buy black diamond jewelry? I love the look but am scared to spend money on something that might just be a fad and be totally out of style in a few years...

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 2:02 pm
My mom has black diamond jewelry from years ago. All trends come and go. I wouldn’t buy it because it’s not my taste and I prefer classics but if you like it and can afford it go for it

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 2:17 pm
a lot boils down to what you like

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 2:19 pm
I would only buy it if I love it whether it’s in style or not. When it comes to real jewelry, I prefer to stick with classic and timeless or pieces that I absolutely love - not because they’re trendy

hodeez

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 3:18 pm
Get a fake and see how you like it after a year

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:08 am
I'm looking into eternity bands but my engagement ring has a lot of little diamonds and is very sparkly. I'm wondering if there's even a point in getting another sparkly ring to wear with it, but I think a small/thin black diamond band could present a nice contrast. What do you think?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 4:10 am
theoneandonly wrote:
I'm looking into eternity bands but my engagement ring has a lot of little diamonds and is very sparkly. I'm wondering if there's even a point in getting another sparkly ring to wear with it, but I think a small/thin black diamond band could present a nice contrast. What do you think?

I wear my eternity band on my other hand.
But a black diamond band dies round cool

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 5:08 am
chocolate moose wrote:
a lot boils down to what you like

This. If you get a piece you like (you -- not everybody else, not a fashion magazine or instagram influencer), then it is a good investment.

If you are just getting it because it is trendy, then it's probably a waste of money.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 5:33 am
theoneandonly wrote:

I really like them and also blackened white gold. I would get one for sure, at least to stand out.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 6:04 am
I really love this black opal ring. I have several rings from this jeweler, and the customer service is amazing.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5.....09726

If black diamonds are out of your price range, consider black spinel. The look is almost identical, but the price is a fraction.

Remember that black diamonds are usually not natural. They've been treated with heavy doses of radiation.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 6:56 am
Jewelry style comes and goes. Get what you love because in 5 years it will be “out” anyway.
I got engaged in the 90’s and have an engagement ring with a heavy yellow gold setting. I love it. I have no regrets and I am not resetting it.
I love that is different. What is wrong with people knowing that I got engaged 25 years ago?

Btw, I also have a necklace with black diamonds. It is interesting and different and a conversation piece and I love how when I wear it on a light top it stands out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics