Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How do you downsize when your stuff mates and has babies?
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:18 pm
It sure seems like the more I get rid of the more I have.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:19 pm
My stuff mates, has babies, and then grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

No matter how much I throw out, the mess gets bigger...

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:40 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
My stuff mates, has babies, and then grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

No matter how much I throw out, the mess gets bigger...

Oh yeah? Then it sneaks into my house!

finprof

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:48 pm
My grandma went around one year and put tags on everything in her attic and basement. If the tag was still on after a year, she considered if she really needed it, if it was still there after 2 years she donated it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:56 pm
My son got a backpack from his daycamp that I thought was literally having babies. Everywhere I turned there it was. Until I realized that his morah was giving him a new one every time he left his home for whatever reason.

BokerTov

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:59 pm
LOL
The title had be loling.
Do you still have kids home?
I find that kids own a million stuff and need everything they own. It would be so much easier to downsize once the kids leave the house.

IsraeliSoul

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 9:13 pm
The title.. LOL took me a minute to realize what you’re talking about. I don’t have any advice though because my stuff do the same

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 9:50 pm
BokerTov wrote:
LOL
The title had be loling.
Do you still have kids home?
I find that kids own a million stuff and need everything they own. It would be so much easier to downsize once the kids leave the house.

No kids at home but their stuff is still here!!!!

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:14 pm
I put all metal hangers in recycling upon receipt except one to retrieve stuff that falls down the drain. Wood hangers are infertile and can’t reproduce.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:16 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My son got a backpack from his daycamp that I thought was literally having babies. Everywhere I turned there it was. Until I realized that his morah was giving him a new one every time he left his home for whatever reason.

Omg! 😆
I guess that was a subtle lesson to NOT leave the backpack home Wink

Stars

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:17 pm
zaq wrote:
I put all metal hangers in recycling upon receipt except one to retrieve stuff that falls down the drain. Wood hangers are infertile and can’t reproduce.

Another item that is infertile is pens.

BokerTov

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:17 pm
southernbubby wrote:
No kids at home but their stuff is still here!!!!

Leave everything there when you move. Tell them to come fetch it otherwise it goes for the next occupant.

Last edited by BokerTov on Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:18 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Omg! 😆
I guess that was a subtle lesson to NOT leave the backpack home Wink

I spoke with her and said sometimes he won’t bring it and it’s ok please don’t send a new one. Theg get lunch and snack at camp so the backpacks are a little extra.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:25 pm
Stars wrote:
Another item that is infertile is pens.

Not only that, but they are forever being abducted

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:29 pm
finprof wrote:
My grandma went around one year and put tags on everything in her attic and basement. If the tag was still on after a year, she considered if she really needed it, if it was still there after 2 years she donated it.

That works for grandma. But not in a young family with an ever-changing landscape of babies and sizes.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:30 pm
Btw SB, your thread title jumped out to me, because we were just talking about this on shabbos. My husband was telling the kids the mashal about the guy who lent stuff to his neighbor and when he returned it there were 2, because it had a baby. Until the guy asked for an expensive silver piece and didbt return it because it died....

Anyway SB, we will miss you in NY. Would’ve loved to meet you! You’ll have to come back to check on your stuffs grandkids Wink and come for an imamother get together in amazing savings Very Happy

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It sure seems like the more I get rid of the more I have.

The obvious solution is not to get rid of anything Wink

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:39 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Btw SB, your thread title jumped out to me, because we were just talking about this on shabbos. My husband was telling the kids the mashal about the guy who lent stuff to his neighbor and when he returned it there were 2, because it had a baby. Until the guy asked for an expensive silver piece and didbt return it because it died....

Anyway SB, we will miss you in NY. Would’ve loved to meet you! You’ll have to come back to check on your stuffs grandkids Wink and come for an imamother get together in amazing savings Very Happy

I always tell dh this when there’s an unexpected loss in the business. Like “oh so the chandelier died now” but when there’s an unexpected gain you don’t question it.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:40 pm
I just KNEW that I could count on you guys to help me figure out what to do.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 10:42 pm
Sunny Days wrote:

How am I supposed to manage without Amazing Savings? And what about my DIL? She loves that place!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating