Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1 year old doesn’t like mom
Previous  1  2

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 9:17 am
I also had a C-section and traumatic birth. I felt like my child was making it difficult from birth already she also loved DH. I did some inner work and coached myself that the birth has nothing to do with the love I feel for her and just kept thinking loving thoughts a lot, now she is six she most definitely has a strong bond with me.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 9:21 am
When my older kids were little, my husband had to travel a lot for work and wasn't around as much. They went absolutely wild for him when he was home, and I was persona nongrata. Now he doesn't have to travel often and is home every night, so my younger kids, while they have definitely gone through preferring Abba phases, it has always been more balanced.

batya100

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 5:45 pm
Hugs!! Must be painful for you OP! Nothing hurts more than rejection/ being ignored... especially by those we love so much!
I would suggest that you give it some more time to evaluate if this is a phase or if you would benefit by working on reattachment. It sounds to me like there's a lot of emotion and energy and maybe your baby senses this and it has become a bit of a power struggle.
I think you should relax and let go and stop testing your baby's love for you! As parents it is our job to give unconditional love, and although it's painful, don't expect anything in return.
Most likely, when you let go completely and release the pressure, things will naturally improve with time. If C"V, it doesn't improve, you can always work on your bond then.
Hatzlacha and loads of Nachas and joy from your precious baby!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics