Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Game ideas for Sheva Brachos

amother

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 4:03 pm
I am making sheva brachos for about 30 people. We are friends of the parents. I would like to come up with a fun game to play at sheva brachos. It will be on Chanuka, but does not have to be a chanuka theme. Any ideas would be welcome!

Thank you!

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 6:08 pm
Hmmm I must confess I haven't quite associated 7 brachot with games. If you're looking for general ice-breaker among guests, my favourite trick is to ask each guests to name his/her favourite biblical character and explain why. Make sure you let them know when they arrive so there's time to give thought to.

abmom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 6:33 pm
Clip pictures from magazines. Tape each pix on a blank paper. Pass around these pix and everyone writes a bracha, related to the pix, to the chosson & kallah. Then you can either have s/o read all comments out loud, or you can let the couple read it in private. Try to be original with the pictures you choose & with the comments you write. You can pm me for some cute ideas of pictures we used in the past.

Sherri

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 7:09 pm
abmom wrote:
Clip pictures from magazines. Tape each pix on a blank paper. Pass around these pix and everyone writes a bracha, related to the pix, to the chosson & kallah. Then you can either have s/o read all comments out loud, or you can let the couple read it in private. Try to be original with the pictures you choose & with the comments you write. You can pm me for some cute ideas of pictures we used in the past.
Nice! I like this idea. I would do a minimal amount of pictures, though.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 10:27 pm
cute idea abmom!!!!!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:28 am
Bumping this up. Any creative ideas?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 10:42 am
We did a how well do you know the chosson and kallah, like a game show. It was a family Sheva brachos though, not friends.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 10:45 am
Whatever you do, don't have a situation where you put either the chosson or the kallah on the spot. People have been known to blurt out stupid things in these games, and it's important not to make a
new couple feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, or even angry with each other.

believe22

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:01 pm
The shoe game! Give chosson Kallah each a baby boy’s shoe and a baby girls shoe. They stand back to back and answer questions by raising a shoe. For example you ask ‘who will make the chulent’ and they each raise a shoe -boy shoe for the chosson and girl shoe for the Kallah. Make sure to either record or pause so chosson Kallah can see each other’s answers and enjoy as well. Gets very cute when answers match up or mismatch.

simcha2

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:23 pm
At the Sheva brachot that my parents' friends made for us, they gave each person the first line of a limerick (about us) and they had to write a limerick, that they then read aloud, and made into a little book for us.

We loved it, and nearly 2 decades later, there is a still a line from one of them that we quote at each other. And it always makes us smile!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics