Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What’s the point of high school (girls)
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
We're not in Lakewood. My point was that this isn't a problem specific to Lakewood, unfortunately. I get OP...

Exactly. And yet amother Molasses jumped to proclaim how horrible Lakewood is, and how far away she'd stay.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
I don't know how far you're willing for her to travel, or how she would be there, but have you looked into Reenas in Edison? RW OOT type of school, certainly every student there is from a very frum family.

Rinas is in amazing school with great girls. But Edison is over an hour away from Lakewood so it's no practical to go in every day.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:57 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Rinas is in amazing school with great girls. But Edison is over an hour away from Lakewood so it's no practical to go in every day.

I actually think it's just under an hour, and all the local schools have teachers driving in from Lakewood daily. Boarding is probably also an option.

small bean

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:00 pm
I have to say everytime I log onto imamother, I laugh at the ad, still looking for the perfect highschool for your daughter?

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:01 pm
Yeah, Savannah is looking like a much better option than Lakewood!

small bean

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:06 pm
OP my daughter and I have plans for things to do if she's not in school once school starts. We will have time while everyone else is in school. Like sixflags, just me and her. We should all meet up in september. Can be so much fun.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:10 pm
Oy this is so sad to read! I don't live in NY or NJ. Is this really a problem outside of the NY/NJ area? It's unheard of in my town that a child is rejected from one of the Jewish schools. I've lived here 10 years and can think of only 1 example of behavior problems that led to the child being asked to switch to a different school. Wishing all of you struggling with this a peaceful solution quickly.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:27 pm
Op I'm so sorry for your pain. It hurts to not be welcomed with open arms especially when you have a good girl waiting to get in.
Until today, every time I heard a girl did not have a high school they had a choice that they had refused. I totally do not know if that's your case.
Personally I warned my girls that they would go to the high school that they were accepted to and I wouldn't play the game of "we don't belong there."
I hope you get in somewhere. Most high schools in Lakewood are excellent choices,some are better than others. Once you're in, it's much easier to transfer to another high school if your DD is not happy than keeping her home in September.
And to answer your questions, my girls learnt a tremendous amount in high school...

small bean

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Op I'm so sorry for your pain. It hurts to not be welcomed with open arms especially when you have a good girl waiting to get in.
Until today, every time I heard a girl did not have a high school they had a choice that they had refused. I totally do not know if that's your case.
Personally I warned my girls that they would go to the high school that they were accepted to and I wouldn't play the game of "we don't belong there."
I hope you get in somewhere. Most high schools in Lakewood are excellent choices,some are better than others. Once you're in, it's much easier to transfer to another high school if your DD is not happy than keeping her home in September.
And to answer your questions, my girls learnt a tremendous amount in high school...

Just fyi there are currently 80 girls that didn't get in anywhere at any point.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:55 pm

I'm not sure that's true.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:55 pm

This is not true. I didn't know the number, apparently small bean does, but I know that there are many girls who did not get in anywhere.

Yes there are some people who play that game, most parents do not.

keym

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:59 pm
small bean wrote:
Just fyi there are currently 80 girls that didn't get in anywhere at any point.

So why is only one of the new schools opening up this year?
It seems that the city really needed both of them to open

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:02 pm
keym wrote:

I think the other school that was going to open was targeting a particular type.
Perhaps the 80 girls needing a school don't fit that particular box. And apparently there was not enough interest in their target audience.

But we definitely need more schools - of all types.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
I actually think it's just under an hour, and all the local schools have teachers driving in from Lakewood daily. Boarding is probably also an option.

With rush hour traffic, it's over an hour. And that's when girls go to\from school.
Additionally, it's not easy to board in high school. Especially if a girl is coming from a healthy family, why not live at home?

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:04 pm
keym wrote:

Could be they need more money? Idk I wasn't in on the "hock."

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:09 pm
small bean wrote:
OP my daughter and I have plans for things to do if she's not in school once school starts. We will have time while everyone else is in school. Like sixflags, just me and her. We should all meet up in september. Can be so much fun.

You are such a cool mom!!!!

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:34 pm
My dd is also going into high school but not a BY type a more MO one I found when looking into were to apply the more MO ones make sure the girls get into one my daughter applied to 2 schools all her friends that applied to these schools got accepted to one and waitlisted in the other. I was told they do this on purpose it’s just these 2 that worked together not every school. I do know some schools like Renas just don’t have a lot of spots.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
I don't know how far you're willing for her to travel, or how she would be there, but have you looked into Reenas in Edison? RW OOT type of school, certainly every student there is from a very frum family.

Renas won’t take lakewood girls.
They believe that if a Lakewood girl is not in a school there must be a good reason (which is obviously not true) and they don’t want to deal with girls who have issues.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:09 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Renas won’t take lakewood girls.
They believe that if a Lakewood girl is not in a school there must be a good reason (which is obviously not true) and they don’t want to deal with girls who have issues.

Correct they don’t want Lkwd girls Bec they took some who caused problems. Honestly, good for them. Lkwd should deal with our own issues, don’t put it onto another city. Same for bruryia and boro park. I grew up in Lkwd, in our of high school like 11-12 years and school didn’t start on time when I was in 9th grade! Age old issue. My daughters are in Nachlas, thank GD they plan to open a high school. Idk what I would do otherwise. Can’t deal with the degrading system
P.s. small bean, you rock!!!

small bean

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:14 pm
keym wrote:

They bowed out right away when they didn't get the girls they wanted applying. They were not opening already in January.
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries