Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Freezing cooked salmon

happy chick

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:29 am
How would I defrost salmon that's already baked? Do I just let it defrost on the counter or in the fridge? Or does it have to be put back in the oven?

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:39 am
Defrosting in the refrigerator is safest unless you constantly check salmon on the counter to be sure it hasn't thawed. Best is to remember the night before you need it so you can just pop in the refrigerator.

Reheating fish - in my experience - is difficult to do without drying out the fish and making it kind of inedible. One of the great things about salmon is that it tastes as delicious cold as warm so I would just use it in a dish that was meant to be served at room temperature or cold rather than reheat.

The only foods that I have success with reheating are foods that are braised or very saucy and therefore just improve from being reheated.

happy chick

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:44 pm
Thank you. I don't want to put it in the oven, I prefer to thaw it in the fridge. Some foods need to be reheated or it gets soggy and gross.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 12:48 pm
Some foods can't be eaten cold but luckily salmon is one of the few fishes that are delicious cold. Cold poached salmon with hollandaise is pretty classic but there are also variants with other sauces.

If I absolutely had to use cooked fish that wasn't salmon I would probably make croquettes with the cooked fish to disguise the texture and dryness of reheated fish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics