Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What lashes do makeup artists use?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:03 pm
Those individual ones that they dip in glue and then apply with tweezers?

Got my makeup done for a wedding, and my eye makeup actually stayed on for 2 days for the first time in my life. This game changer for me, as shabbos morning I usually have nothing left.

(And yes I tried every single eyeliner and primer that anyone will suggest, so don't even bother lol. It's for sure the lashes that kept it on.)

An makeup artist want to share the secrets? What company do you use and how do you apply?

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:14 pm
My makeup artist used ardell trio lashes, and ardell individual lashes. Duo glue.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:37 pm
Has anyone ever tried doing these on their own? Would LOVE to

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:43 pm
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
Has anyone ever tried doing these on their own? Would LOVE to

Yes. It's probably best to start with a strip before moving to the individual clusters. Also, magnetic lashes are easy for beginners. For glue lashes, I'm a fan of the 2-in-1 eyeliner glue; I personally use velour brand.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:48 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Yes. It's probably best to start with a strip before moving to the individual clusters. Also, magnetic lashes are easy for beginners. For glue lashes, I'm a fan of the 2-in-1 eyeliner glue; I personally use velour brand.

Don't like eyeliner glue because it sticks to your fingers when applying. I like the tweezers.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:51 pm
I put them on myself. Was a lot of trial and error. Watched YouTube tutorials and butchered some lashes along the way, but figured it out with time. I actually only use my fingers, no tweezer. But must people I know do use tweezers.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don't like eyeliner glue because it sticks to your fingers when applying. I like the tweezers.

Not sure what you mean. With the eyeliner glue (ie not regular glue) you line your eye and then use tweezers to apply the lashes.

I've been watching the ads for lashify lashes too much lately lol. I can't recommend them, but they definitely look great.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I put them on myself. Was a lot of trial and error. Watched YouTube tutorials and butchered some lashes along the way, but figured it out with time. I actually only use my fingers, no tweezer. But must people I know do use tweezers.

I also prefer fingers. It shapes to they eye better imo, at least with strip lashes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics