Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2.5 year old leaking overnight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:53 pm
I have a 2.5 year old who keeps leaking overnight. He isn’t potty trained yet (and doesn’t seem ready). I’ve already put him in a size-bigger for overnight than he is during the day. I’ve also added a sposie insert, which has helped but hasn’t fixed the problem. Any other suggestions? Is there some sort of cover designed for cloth diapers that could help maybe?

Anon because I’m asking everyone and everyone for help on this. I don’t have it in me to keep doing this much laundry.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:23 pm
Can you change him before you go to sleep at night?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:28 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
Can you change him before you go to sleep at night?

He’s such a good sleeper that I’m very hesitant to mess with it. I also only go to bed maybe an hour after him so I’m not sure how much good it would do. I’ll keep this idea in my back pocket, though. Thanks for responding.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:30 pm
Does he have a bottle before bed? That’s a notorious one.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:34 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Does he have a bottle before bed? That’s a notorious one.

Nope. He does have water with dinner, but I feel bad depriving him of that. If I move dinner longer before bed, then my husband won’t get to eat with him and family dinner is important to us.

SYA

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:34 pm
Make sure the child drinks a lot before 5pm. From 5pm and on limit the fluid intake. If he's had enough throughout the day he will be ok.

There are pull ups sold in many pharmacies that are specifically meant for overnight wear. Contact your local pharmacy to see what they sell or order on Amazon.

Make sure to have a waterproof mattress protector so that the mattress doesn't get ruined.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:39 pm
Try the plastic diaper covers, I got them on Amazon. They’re really meant for cloth diapers but works for my kids when I have leaking problems.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Try the plastic diaper covers, I got them on Amazon. They’re really meant for cloth diapers but works for my kids when I have leaking problems.

Can you share a link to what you use? This is the direction I’m leaning.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:00 pm
Have you tried the overnight diapers?

dankbar

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:00 pm
Use Babysitter diapers, they are the only ones that don't leak

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Have you tried the overnight diapers?

We are using huggies overnight now. They worked well for us until about a month or two ago when we started getting leaks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:00 pm
dankbar wrote:
Use Babysitter diapers, they are the only ones that don't leak

What are Babysitter diapers and where do I buy them? Nothing came up in the search for that on Amazon or Target.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:51 pm
SYA wrote:
Make sure the child drinks a lot before 5pm. From 5pm and on limit the fluid intake. If he's had enough throughout the day he will be ok.

There are pull ups sold in many pharmacies that are specifically meant for overnight wear. Contact your local pharmacy to see what they sell or order on Amazon.

Make sure to have a waterproof mattress protector so that the mattress doesn't get ruined.

Are overnight pull-ups more absorbent than overnight diapers?

The mattress we have has an outer plastic shell that I just wipe down after accidents.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:27 pm
Is he leaking because he’s turning a lot? Because if he’s not drinking during the night, he shouldn’t be that soaking ime...

lucky14

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:16 pm
My almost 2 year old recently went through a period where her diaper was getting overfull every night. I started changing her in the middle of the night. I'd get her out of bed in the mostly dark room and when she woke I quietly told her I was changing her diaper and then she was going back to sleep. She's a great sleeper and thank G-d it did not mess with her sleep. If nothing else works I'd just try this- you may be surprised and it doesn't change your sons great sleep at all.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you share a link to what you use? This is the direction I’m leaning.
I think the company I got was dappi from Amazon. Do a search for dappi Nylon waterproof covers. Sorry can’t link now

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:26 pm
When my son would wake up with soaked pj's and bedsheets every night, I realized after a while that his private part is in the wrong direction causing him to leak. I make sure it's pointing downwards so the pee goes down instead of up.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:23 pm
lucky14 wrote:
My almost 2 year old recently went through a period where her diaper was getting overfull every night. I started changing her in the middle of the night. I'd get her out of bed in the mostly dark room and when she woke I quietly told her I was changing her diaper and then she was going back to sleep. She's a great sleeper and thank G-d it did not mess with her sleep. If nothing else works I'd just try this- you may be surprised and it doesn't change your sons great sleep at all.

Thank you for this. This gives me hope that if I need to I can go this route without killing his good sleep. For now, I’ve bought a Thirsties diaper cover. Hopefully it will solve it by itself, if not, I may try tucking a prefold in there too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:23 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
When my son would wake up with soaked pj's and bedsheets every night, I realized after a while that his private part is in the wrong direction causing him to leak. I make sure it's pointing downwards so the pee goes down instead of up.

Thanks. We are already diligent about this.

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 6:25 am
Does he sleep with his mouth open? This can be a cause for peeing too much at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics