Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey Chasidish Girls School

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:56 am
Hi, I am looking for a chasidisha girls school in Monsey that is similar to the way Tomer Devorah in Boro Park used to be. I’ve heard that Bais Rochel is similar but impossible to get into and that KBY only has younger grades. (I need 1st through 8th elementary and a high school too). I heard that if BSM is too Chasidish and BDY is not Chasidish enough, I should try Munkatch. I know it’s a new school but I am wondering if anyone can tell me how they compare to BDY? Do the families that send there dress tzniusdik? (I know that there are different views on what tznius is, so please give specific examples of how they dress). Do they listen to goyisha music and watch movies? If yes do they discuss those singers and actresses in school?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a chasidisha girls school in Monsey that is similar to the way Tomer Devorah in Boro Park used to be. I’ve heard that Bais Rochel is similar but impossible to get into and that KBY only has younger grades. (I need 1st through 8th elementary and a high school too). I heard that if BSM is too Chasidish and BDY is not Chasidish enough, I should try Munkatch. I know it’s a new school but I am wondering if anyone can tell me how they compare to BDY? Do the families that send there dress tzniusdik? (I know that there are different views on what tznius is, so please give specific examples of how they dress). Do they listen to goyisha music and watch movies? If yes do they discuss those singers and actresses in school?

There’s a running thread about this now
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....37942

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:24 am
Thank you so much! I read through that thread but still have many questions. When comparing BDY to Munkatch, which is more Chasidish / less modern?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:32 am
Op wrote:
Thank you so much! I read through that thread but still have many questions. When comparing BDY to Munkatch, which is more Chasidish / less modern?

I’m not familiar with these schools but I recommend you ask your additional questions on that thread since it’s literally the same subject.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I’m not familiar with these schools but I recommend you ask your additional questions on that thread since it’s literally the same subject.

Thanks Ruby. I'm the OP of the other thread and would love if this op would ask the questions there because I'm sure I have some similar ones and regardless it would be great to hear responses to help me with my decision.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:57 am
Great idea! Done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children