Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Comparative Monsey schools to Bnos Chaya of BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:16 am
guest2 wrote:
Bsm is very old monsey and not too chassidish if something they have litvish touch like havhara

Doesn’t that make it similar to TD like the poster wanted?

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:

I think it is pretty similar.
There isn't much of a variety in Monsey though.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:27 pm
I spoke with a few people who send to BSM. They were both very happy with their school (except for the fact that they don’t provide lunch and one lived too far away for transportation). They described BSM as a very warm friendly small school that accommodates kids with issues (such as social or learning disabilities). They said the secular department was on a lower level then most chasidisha schools but the Yiddish department was comparable. The girls tend to dress very simply and there are very strict tznius and technology rules. It seems to me that they are more like TD is these days (except TD is a larger school on an extremely high academic level) and I’m looking for a school thats more like TD used to be. I think my daughters will feel out of place there. BTW we speak a chasidisha havora and I don’t personally drive but I can’t for the life of me understand what’s wrong with a woman driving????? Anyway if anyone can answer my original questions I (and many others) would really appreciate it!!!!!

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I spoke with a few people who send to BSM. They were both very happy with their school (except for the fact that they don’t provide lunch and one lived too far away for transportation). They described BSM as a very warm friendly small school that accommodates kids with issues (such as social or learning disabilities). They said the secular department was on a lower level then most chasidisha schools but the Yiddish department was comparable. The girls tend to dress very simply and there are very strict tznius and technology rules. It seems to me that they are more like TD is these days (except TD is a larger school on an extremely high academic level) and I’m looking for a school thats more like TD used to be. I think my daughters will feel out of place there. BTW we speak a chasidisha havora and I don’t personally drive but I can’t for the life of me understand what’s wrong with a woman driving????? Anyway if anyone can answer my original questions I (and many others) would really appreciate it!!!!!

There isn't really another school in Monsey that's similar to TD.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
There isn't really another school in Monsey that's similar to TD.

Right, bsm is closest you’ll get.
Munkatch and bdy are more similar to munkatch bp.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:44 pm

Which school are your girls in currently? TD? Or a different school. I speak yiddish to my children till 1st grade, chassidish harvora. If you don't drive you might find vien, sanz, bsm, to be a good fit for you, based on what other posters were saying about these schools. Seems like driving is the deal breaker between fine chassidish schools and 'cooler' chassidish schools in Monsey.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:06 pm

TD no longer uses litvish havara

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:15 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
TD no longer uses litvish havara

I believe bsm will stop in the near future as well since they’re not attracting the clientele that wants it.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:21 pm
I wouldn't compare Munkatch Monsey to munkatch bp. They actually have nothing to do with each other. They are not run by the same people and are trying to go in a different direction. It's still only going into it's second year, so time will tell.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:56 pm
Going back to my original question, how do BDY and Munkatch compare? Answers from people who have close friends, neighbors, family or they themselves sent to both schools would be greatly appreciated

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 2:06 pm
Going back to my original question, how do BDY and Munkatch compare? Answers from people who have close friends, neighbors, family or they themselves sent to both schools would be greatly appreciated

Being that munkatch is brand new and they might’ve accepted pretty easily to fill up slots it’s a little early to compare to a school that’s already established. I know people who are happy in both. Really hard to compare exactly and find nuances and differences when it’s only one year old but the parent body is similar.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 2:37 pm

The parent body is basically the same. Munkatch is on a higher learning level and I think they're more on top of giving help to girls that need it.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 6:40 pm
guest2 wrote:
Bsm is very old monsey and not too chassidish if something they have litvish touch like havhara

Not anymore

The First grade teacher teaches with a chasidish havhara.

The crowd is mostly from Williamsburg

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
Not anymore

The First grade teacher teaches with a chasidish havhara.

The crowd is mostly from Williamsburg

Are you sure? I know that the other grades still have the litvish havara so this would really confuse them.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:29 pm
Are you sure? I know that the other grades still have the litvish havara so this would really confuse them.

They didn’t officially change but the teacher is chasidish and since she teaches how to read…

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 7:54 pm
Bump
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics