Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
DH got J and J, can he get re-vaccinated?
1  2  3  Next

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:25 pm
We are moving to Florida where the pandemic is awful and the J and J may be worthless. He did have Covid in October of 2020. Can he do it over with a better vaccine?

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:28 pm
Noooo I wouldn't. The safety or efficacy of this has not been studied.

Natural immunity is believed to be longer lasting and more durable and robust than the vaccine.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:28 pm
Can he? Probably. He could just go to a vaccination clinic and get whatever he wants.

Should he? There’s zero data on this, so it’s all about his risk tolerance on doing something that’s totally untested. I would certainly recommend he at minimum talk to his doctor before going out and doing it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:41 pm
Probably best to consult with a doctor you really trust about that.

As an aside, how sad for all those people who got adverse reactions from j&j, and the vaccine ended up being so ineffective.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:45 pm
Would you feel better if he did blood work for antibodies/T-cells?
As an aside, are you sure the virus is rampant in the neighborhood you are moving to? Florida is a big state.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:56 pm
Why Pfizers 16-32% percent looks better to you????

I think the brands are doing coke vs pepsi marketing.

Did you ask your Dr? Check his bloodwork?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 8:59 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Would you feel better if he did blood work for antibodies/T-cells?
As an aside, are you sure the virus is rampant in the neighborhood you are moving to? Florida is a big state.

It may not be in the neighborhood but people move around and don't keep to their own neighborhood. It's a good idea, though to test antibodies.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

No because we assumed that they don't give anyone more than they are entitled to.

trixx

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:05 pm
and what will happen if he takes pfizer or moderna and in another 6 months those are also proven to be worthless?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:06 pm
Ask his dr

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:16 pm
trixx wrote:
and what will happen if he takes pfizer or moderna and in another 6 months those are also proven to be worthless?

yeah pretty much. Me and DH got J&J and now my mom is happy and certain doors are open to us, and that's really all we cared about. The bad reactions were no joke though.

A close relative is suffering a lot from Covid right now and she got a double-dose vaccine a while ago. Like others have said, we don't really know much. I thought J&J was safe enough and I wanted the social benefits so I got it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:37 pm
They have no data saying that another vaccine is more effective. Pfizer isn't touting such amazing rates now; J&J has no real studies done for this time period and variant.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
yeah pretty much. Me and DH got J&J and now my mom is happy and certain doors are open to us, and that's really all we cared about. The bad reactions were no joke though.

A close relative is suffering a lot from Covid right now and she got a double-dose vaccine a while ago. Like others have said, we don't really know much. I thought J&J was safe enough and I wanted the social benefits so I got it.

Just curious, do you mind if I ask you what reactions to J and J?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:41 pm
Didn’t you and Dh have it and recover? So you would have natural immunity then

Ellie7

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:41 pm
J&J is not worthless—it just has lower efficacy with one dose than two doses of the others. That’s all we know because that’s the way the studies were designed.

There have been some recommendations for those who got J&J to get a dose of something else as well. Though it has not been tested, there’s no reason to believe there would be a problem with it. There’s also some indication that it may be illegal to do this, so I’d do some research first.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

88%

Israel retracted their study and said it was a mistake. They decided to look at their data again after no other country in the world reported the low level efficacy rates they were reporting.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Just curious, do you mind if I ask you what reactions to J and J?

fever symptoms through the night including chills and extreme thirst, headaches all the next day. The vaccination site is still sore days later which is unfortunate because it turns out I use it a lot in my day to day life right now.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:48 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Didn’t you and Dh have it and recover? So you would have natural immunity then

Yes and he had a worse case then I did.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:50 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
J&J is not worthless—it just has lower efficacy with one dose than two doses of the others. That’s all we know because that’s the way the studies were designed.

There have been some recommendations for those who got J&J to get a dose of something else as well. Though it has not been tested, there’s no reason to believe there would be a problem with it. There’s also some indication that it may be illegal to do this, so I’d do some research first.

I figured that people would not be allowed to get another one legally.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
fever symptoms through the night including chills and extreme thirst, headaches all the next day. The vaccination site is still sore days later which is unfortunate because it turns out I use it a lot in my day to day life right now.

Oy I hope you feel better.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics