Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Better to get vaccine in 2nd or 3rd triemster?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:04 pm
I took it in 2nd trimester, per my doctors recommendation . I lost my first baby from a virus. I would take it sooner rather than later if your doctor recommends it

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Can you link the study? Moderna just released they are starting a trial on pregnant women, but I didnt think any, with numbers of that scale were done yet. For now, it still says in the insert that the vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women.

I'm typing on a tablet and not really good at linking stuff. If this doesn't work just Google "Nejm covid vaccine pregnancy."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/.....04983

There was also another study published in Obstetrics and Gynecology that the vaccine does not adversely affect the placenta. Try this link

https://journals.lww.com/green......aspx

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Can you link the study? Moderna just released they are starting a trial on pregnant women, but I didnt think any, with numbers of that scale were done yet. For now, it still says in the insert that the vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women.

Also, as far as the insert not recommending it, there are so many things that have warnings for pregnancy women. Even Tylenol does and we know its safe. So I wouldn't necessarily go by that. They need to put the warning on to protect themselves

Mirishev

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:04 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I'm typing on a tablet and not really good at linking stuff. If this doesn't work just Google "Nejm covid vaccine pregnancy."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/.....04983

There was also another study published in Obstetrics and Gynecology that the vaccine does not adversely affect the placenta. Try this link

https://journals.lww.com/green......aspx

Not sure how this study would offer anyone comfort.
"Despite EUA mandatory reporting requirements and CDC guidance on VAERS reporting, there is probably substantial underreporting of pregnancy- and neonatal-specific adverse events. We also do not know the total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered to pregnant persons, which further limits our ability to estimate rates of reported adverse events from VAERS data. Among pregnancy-specific conditions reported to the VAERS after Covid-19 vaccination, miscarriage was the most common."

There seems to be reporting issues with this study.
This is basically a review of existing data, not a new study done specifically on pregnant women to determine whether the vaccine can safely be administered to pregnant women."From December 14, 2020, to February 28, 2021, we used data from the “v-safe after vaccination health checker” surveillance system, the v-safe pregnancy registry, and the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) to characterize the initial safety of mRNA Covid-19 vaccines in pregnant persons."
I really don't like that they switch between "pregnant persons" and "pregnant women". Are they discussing two different groups? Come on. How was this peer reviewed?
Read the studies for yourself if you want to understand what is known. With alot of these studies what people claim they say and what they actually say are not the same thing.

champagne

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:34 am
Here are the facts:

1. Nobody knows.

2. No one ever knows everything, because really, everything — even things people think they know — are in Hashem’s hands entirely, and the fact that we think we know is an illusion of control.

3. Halacha recommends that you follow YOUR doctor and YOUR rav. That is hishtadlus. If you don’t have a rav, ask someone close to you who their rav is and call him up.

4. After you do your hishtadlus and follow the recommendations of the authorities in your life, you’ve done what Hashem wants from you. Now you can close your ears to what’s going on around you (unless something has changed and your rav or doctor changes their recommendations.) Now place yourself in Hashem’s arms and feel secure. Know that whatever happens is His Will.

That’s it.

If you want to know what I did, I took the vaccine in 2nd trimester based on the recommendations of the authorities in my life. BH delivered a beautiful healthy baby full term.
My good friend was pregnant at the same time. Her doctor told her not to take so she didn’t. She also delivered a beautiful healthy baby full term. We both did what was right for ourselves.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:36 am
champagne wrote:
Here are the facts:

1. Nobody knows.

2. No one ever knows everything, because really, everything — even things people think they know — are in Hashem’s hands entirely, and the fact that we think we know is an illusion of control.

3. Halacha recommends that you follow YOUR doctor and YOUR rav. That is hishtadlus. If you don’t have a rav, ask someone close to you who their rav is and call him up.

4. After you do your hishtadlus and follow the recommendations of the authorities in your life, you’ve done what Hashem wants from you. Now you can close your ears to what’s going on around you (unless something has changed and your rav or doctor changes their recommendations.) Now place yourself in Hashem’s arms and feel secure. Know that whatever happens is His Will.

That’s it.

If you want to know what I did, I took the vaccine in 2nd trimester based on the recommendations of the authorities in my life. BH delivered a beautiful healthy baby full term.
My good friend was pregnant at the same time. Her doctor told her not to take so she didn’t. She also delivered a beautiful healthy baby full term. We both did what was right for ourselves.

beautiful post. thank you for your clarity.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:47 am
Mirishev wrote:
Not sure how this study would offer anyone comfort.
"Despite EUA mandatory reporting requirements and CDC guidance on VAERS reporting, there is probably substantial underreporting of pregnancy- and neonatal-specific adverse events. We also do not know the total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered to pregnant persons, which further limits our ability to estimate rates of reported adverse events from VAERS data. Among pregnancy-specific conditions reported to the VAERS after Covid-19 vaccination, miscarriage was the most common."

There seems to be reporting issues with this study.
This is basically a review of existing data, not a new study done specifically on pregnant women to determine whether the vaccine can safely be administered to pregnant women."From December 14, 2020, to February 28, 2021, we used data from the “v-safe after vaccination health checker” surveillance system, the v-safe pregnancy registry, and the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) to characterize the initial safety of mRNA Covid-19 vaccines in pregnant persons."
I really don't like that they switch between "pregnant persons" and "pregnant women". Are they discussing two different groups? Come on. How was this peer reviewed?
Read the studies for yourself if you want to understand what is known. With alot of these studies what people claim they say and what they actually say are not the same thing.

Miscarriage is one of the most common adverse events in pregnancy in general. So it makes sense that miscarriage would be the most common condition reported to vaers. That doesn't mean it was caused by the vaccine.

Also the part that you quoted only used the term " pregnant person." Not "pregnant women." You used the term "pregnant woman." I agree that the whole pregnant person/woman thing is ridiculous. But that is certainly NOT a scientific factor to take into consideration when deciding the risks/benefits of a vaccine.

I am not saying that these studies are gold standard. They are not. But they are the best we have available at this point and we have to work off the data we have regarding both the vaccine and the disease itself (and its ramifications on pregnancy) when making an informed decision

Mirishev

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:36 am
[quote="amother [ Crocus ]"

I am not saying that these studies are gold standard. They are not. But they are the best we have available at this point and we have to work off the data we have regarding both the vaccine and the disease itself (and its ramifications on pregnancy) when making an informed decision[/quote]

My point is, that a studies like this, which are based on reviews of previous SELF REPORTED side effects should not be held up as proof of vaccine safety for pregnant women. I question how this stood up to scrutiny based on the unreliability of self reporting, through apps, as a way to determine vaccine safety.
This should not be presented, as it has been on the media as if there was an actual study that followed pregnant women after vaccination. As far as I am aware, that study has never been done. Therefore, doctors are making recommendations about vaccination based on conjecture, which should give us all pause.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:53 am
Mirishev wrote:
My point is, that a studies like this, which are based on reviews of previous SELF REPORTED side effects should not be held up as proof of vaccine safety for pregnant women. I question how this stood up to scrutiny based on the unreliability of self reporting, through apps, as a way to determine vaccine safety.
This should not be presented, as it has been on the media as if there was an actual study that followed pregnant women after vaccination. As far as I am aware, that study has never been done. Therefore, doctors are making recommendations about vaccination based on conjecture, which should give us all pause.

Kinda. We know that with the alpha variant, before the vaccines were available, pregnant women were being hospitalized, delivered early, losing pregnancies, losing their lives. Then pregnant women started getting the vaccine and we weren't seeing that anymore. Now with the Delta variant surging pregnant women who aren't vaccinated are ending up hospitalized and in critical condition again.
This is in Israel btw. From hospital directors. It's not official research, just what they've seen, but they've seen a lot and have the best first-hand knowledge of what's happening.

Mirishev

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:01 am
Why do you trust the hospital directors in Israel?
I have reason to not trust them because I know that serious side effects of the vaccine have not been reported as vaccine side effects in Israel and here in the US. Patients may be told by their doctors that their symptoms or new illnesses were caused by the vaccine and that they have no choice but to learn to live with the new disability or symptom, but their side effects are not listed as vaccine reactions in the patient's charts so they are not listed in the data for vaccine reactions, including miscarriages.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:05 am
Mirishev wrote:

There are studies currently being done.

There is no way to have a long term good standard study at this point. So we need to use the data we have available at this point. Doctors are not making decisions based on conjecture. They are weighing the risks of covid during pregnancy against the risks of covid vaccine during pregnancy. Being pregnant is an independent risk factor that makes you at higher risk of being seriously ill with covid, even if you are otherwise young and healthy.

So far, all the preliminary data on vaccine during pregnancy is positive. That is not to be said about preliminary data on covid itself during pregnancy, which causes pregnancy loss, clotting, severe illness in the mom, anoxia to the fetus etc etc
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics