Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is $1,000 watch that is 5 minutes off every 24 hours conside
Previous  1  2

CPenzias

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Be prepared for the inevitable spinoff: "Frum stores that have given excellent service so please don't bash them all."

Someone can spin off. I'm wondering what others think...

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Absolutely not considered a working watch. It needs to be adjusted. If it’s bought so recent you could send it yourself to the company for a warranty repair only if it’s official merchandise meant for US market. If it’s grey market merchandise (which it may very well be given its place of purchase) well than you don’t have a warranty.

Its not gray market it they're an authorized dealer.

OP, contact the owner again. Tell her that the watch is still under warranty, and notwithstanding the repair, does not keep accurate time. You demand that the watch be repaired or replaced. Confirm in writing.

You should also contact the manufacturer directly.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 12:44 pm
When my 24.99 watch from Amazon did that it went right back for a full refund.
Watches that aren't accurate are worthless.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 5:32 pm
Genius wrote:
A watch like this is worth as much as a wash machine that does everything right until it stops before the spin cycle.

LOL

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
What does it mean that the watch could be gray goods?
And what does it mean to shop in real stores? What’s not a real store?

My understanding of Grey Good is that they are usually products that are obtained in unofficial ways and not directly from the company usually legitimately meaning not “fell off a truck” but sometimes .... usually goods meant to be sold in another country but the bottom line is that they don’t have a warranty. You will see it a lot today in cell phones they are labeled as “ international model”.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:53 am
We had the exact same thing with my husband’s Chosson watch 14 yrs ago. They gave s another one that had the same issue so we ended up returning it. This is definitely not acceptable!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
My understanding of Grey Good is that they are usually products that are obtained in unofficial ways and not directly from the company usually legitimately meaning not “fell off a truck” but sometimes .... usually goods meant to be sold in another country but the bottom line is that they don’t have a warranty. You will see it a lot today in cell phones they are labeled as “ international model”.

^^^ This.

Grey market goods are genuine products that are obtained in one market (country) then resold in another. There's nothing wrong with the product per se, except that it doesn't have a US warranty.

The reason that it lacks the warranty isn't quality -- its probably the same product. Its because of exclusive distribution deals. Wonderful Watch Company is sold exclusively by Ridiculously Expensive Watches R Us stores throughout the US. That has real value to Ridiculously Expensive. But if its also sold at Get it Cheaper Here in Taiwan, it can be purchased through Get it Cheaper and sold here as a gray market good. If Wonderful Watch honored the warranty, the deal with Ridiculously Expensive would be worthless. Hence territorial warranties.

But in this case, OP purchased from an authorized dealer, so she should not have that issue.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics