Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
DH got J and J, can he get re-vaccinated?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:00 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....09762

Natural infection vs vaccination: Which gives more protection?
Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

The more people who are vaxed, the greater the number of people with breakthrough cases. If it’s 88% effective- the question is 88% of what number of people.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:18 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:

That's reassuring!

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
88%

Israel retracted their study and said it was a mistake. They decided to look at their data again after no other country in the world reported the low level efficacy rates they were reporting.

Can you post a link to the retraction? I would like to read more.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:38 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
They have no data saying that another vaccine is more effective. Pfizer isn't touting such amazing rates now; J&J has no real studies done for this time period and variant.

84% effective against infection 6 months after vaccination.

97% effective in preventing hospitalization.

Against covid, which has already killed nearly 1 in every 500 Americans.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:

But 85% of Israeli adults have received 2 doses of vaccine. So it is clear that the unvaccinated are getting covid at much higher rates than the vaccinated.

Israel also reports that in preventing hospitalization and serious disease, Pfizer vaccines are 97.5% effective for the alpha variant and still 93% effective for the delta variant. https://www.deseret.com/corona.....eople

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:47 pm
but I dont think the j n j is ineffective, I got it too.

if the j n j is ineffective then nyc would be in trouble bec many ppl got the j nj and they are still considering it as being vaccinated....they are still giving it...

I think the media wants us to think that the pfizer is the only good one. yes, pfizer has a higher percentage of efficacy but j n j also protects against hospitalizations etc, otherwise deblasio would say all nyc employees need to only be vaccinated with pfizer...or be tested weekly...

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
But 85% of Israeli adults have received 2 doses of vaccine. So it is clear that the unvaccinated are getting covid at much higher rates than the vaccinated.

Israel also reports that in preventing hospitalization and serious disease, Pfizer vaccines are 97.5% effective for the alpha variant and still 93% effective for the delta variant. https://www.deseret.com/corona.....eople

OP said her husband already had covid. He is in a far better position than he would be from the vaccine--which he also already had.

It appears he's well protected.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 10:58 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Also, are 85% of Israelis fully vaccinated? Aged 18 and up?

Because when they tell you that 60% of new cases were unvaccinated, they are including those who received 1 dose and those who are 13 days, not 14, past their second dose.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 12:51 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Against covid, which has already killed nearly 1 in every 500 Americans.

Im not a statistician but thats a very funky way of saying .2% died and 99.8% lived including all the older sick folks and very sick folks who would equally die from the common cold.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 12:57 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Im not a statistician but thats a very funky way of saying .2% died and 99.8% lived including all the older sick folks and very sick folks who would equally die from the common cold.

I'm not talking about people who had covid. I'm talking about everyone. 1 in 500 people. Dead.

620,000 Americans die in 18 months from the common cold?

4.2 million worldwide?

Get serious.

The fact that you don't seem to care about those numbers troubles me greatly. How many people will have to die before you care?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:29 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm not talking about people who had covid. I'm talking about everyone. 1 in 500 people. Dead.

620,000 Americans die in 18 months from the common cold?

4.2 million worldwide?

Get serious.

The fact that you don't seem to care about those numbers troubles me greatly. How many people will have to die before you care?

I care, but am also realistic. There is a segment of society always at a high risk of complications. This virus because it was new had a slightly higher risk to everyone. Don't forget that CDC just pulled the eua off the pcr test (effective december 31) because it cannot differentiate between viruses , say covid & the flu. I just saying its stating things in an overly dramatic way is all. They could have said a .2% death rate to keep it non sensationalized. Saying 1/500 die or 99.8 live is sensationalizing things to show your viewpoint, .2 is straight facts. But who does care all the other years when you just "have " to go to work or a simcha about going sick? You think you can't stay home so you don't give it to others who get complications and are at high risk? To me, you should treat it like a bad flu, same as all the other years, just a little worse. I believe in staying home when sick and not sharing your illness with everone else. People think bad manners is normal and okay , I am just taking issue with sensationalizing, it is not that I don't care, but you prove my point. Because I said 99.8 live you assume.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 5:11 am
If you had covid in October, your immunity may be expiring soon. I've heard 6 months or 9 months.

When did you get vaccinated? Some places are already giving booster shots to people who were vaccinated 6 months ago.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:54 am
Raisin wrote:
If you had covid in October, your immunity may be expiring soon. I've heard 6 months or 9 months.

When did you get vaccinated? Some places are already giving booster shots to people who were vaccinated 6 months ago.

I got Pfizer the day after Pesach ended and the second dose 21 days later. DH got his J and J in April.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I care, but am also realistic. There is a segment of society always at a high risk of complications. This virus because it was new had a slightly higher risk to everyone. Don't forget that CDC just pulled the eua off the pcr test (effective december 31) because it cannot differentiate between viruses , say covid & the flu. I just saying its stating things in an overly dramatic way is all. They could have said a .2% death rate to keep it non sensationalized. Saying 1/500 die or 99.8 live is sensationalizing things to show your viewpoint, .2 is straight facts. But who does care all the other years when you just "have " to go to work or a simcha about going sick? You think you can't stay home so you don't give it to others who get complications and are at high risk? To me, you should treat it like a bad flu, same as all the other years, just a little worse. I believe in staying home when sick and not sharing your illness with everone else. People think bad manners is normal and okay , I am just taking issue with sensationalizing, it is not that I don't care, but you prove my point. Because I said 99.8 live you assume.

Part of the problem is that people are usually contagious for a few hours before symptoms start and the symptoms are usually mild for the first few hours of illness so people are still out and about. People who are sick in bed are not usually the culprits but there was a crazy story last year of a groom in India who couldn't postpone his wedding due to the cost so they dragged him out of bed, propped him up for the festivities, and allowed him to spread the virus. He died three days later.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:57 am
southernbubby wrote:
Part of the problem is that people are usually contagious for a few hours before symptoms start and the symptoms are usually mild for the first few hours of illness so people are still out and about. People who are sick in bed are not usually the culprits but there was a crazy story last year of a groom in India who couldn't postpone his wedding due to the cost so they dragged him out of bed, propped him up for the festivities, and allowed him to spread the virus. He died three days later.

This is turning into the problem with the vaccine, and why the CDC just reinstituted the mask recommendation.

Vaccinated people with massive viral loads but minor symptoms turning into super-spreaders--the nightmare scenario.

The fact that vaccinated people are carrying high viral loads and infecting others, iow their immune system is not fully destroying the antigen, might be an early signal for ADE.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:05 pm
[quote="Raisin"]If you had covid in October, your immunity may be expiring soon. I've heard 6 months or 9 months.

I know plenty of people,including myself,that still have antibodies from having covid in March '20.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:13 pm
I’d consult a doctor rather.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:27 pm
[quote="amother [ Banana ]"]
Raisin wrote:

I know plenty of people,including myself,that still have antibodies from having covid in March '20.

Correct. At the beginning, when there wasn't yet enough time to elapse, they knew only that 3, then 6, then 9 etc months immunity stuck for in most people. As time goes on, it seems like it's staying even longer.

Which isn't a surprise because people who had SARS still have immunity from years ago which helped protect them this time.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:31 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Correct. At the beginning, when there wasn't yet enough time to elapse, they knew only that 3, then 6, then 9 etc months immunity stuck for in most people. As time goes on, it seems like it's staying even longer.

Which isn't a surprise because people who had SARS still have immunity from years ago which helped protect them this time.

yeah. I had Covid then had J&J just a few months later and sanctimonious people still wondered why didn't get it sooner. I'd had Covid recently...I wasn't much of a risk factor.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics