Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening
What weed killer do you use on your lawn?

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 11:30 pm
My lawn is slowly getting taken over by this very fast growing lighter green grass that grows pretty high and another “creeping” weed that is also growing out between the cracks of my pathway around the house.
What have you had success using (I imagine a spray?) and can you give me basic tips on how to use it?
(Better to spray after mowing or before? Not during a rainy day... how often? And what results should I expect?)

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 12:56 am
Boiling water or vinegar in the cracks. Rip out the grass / weeds in the lawn you dont like and reseed, when the grass you want grows healthy and thick, the other stuff won't grow.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:32 pm
Will boiling water/vinegar (is that boiled vinegar? Cuz that would stink up the house!) kill the weeds in one application? I need the roots killed and think that only a poisonous spray would be strong enough.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:34 pm
Following. I've used Weed and Feed but I don't really like it. It kills some of the weeds, not all. And grows turf grass, which is not as pretty as other grasses.

gamanit

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 3:52 pm
Boiling water kills everything. My next door neighbor had a jungle of weeds that kept spreading to my side and I poured a pitcher of boiling water. Worked amazing.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 4:01 pm
Boiling water is the best because you can apply it directly and it doesn't hurt the other plants or leave residue. I use an electric kettle and pour close to the roots. Then I usually pull the weeds out ten minutes or so later.

emzod42

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 4:09 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Boiling water is the best because you can apply it directly and it doesn't hurt the other plants or leave residue. I use an electric kettle and pour close to the roots. Then I usually pull the weeds out ten minutes or so later.

Does that make it easier to pull them out too?

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 4:31 pm
They're much easier to pull out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening