Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When to medicate preemptively
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:09 pm
DD was a HORRIBLE teether! She drooled like a hound dog, and ran a very high fever. Adult strength Orajel didn't even phase her. (I had people telling me to put whiskey in her formula! Surprised I don't care if that worked for your Irish granny, I'm not giving my kid booze.)

I did all the homeopathic things, because I was determined to be a crunchy mama. Nothing worked. Finally I caved in and gave the Motrin, and she was finally able to settle and stop screaming.

Like you said, if I were the one in pain, I would want pain relief. Babies are not different, even worse, they can't rationalize the pain and try to push through it. It's just there.

Her pediatrician said that babies don't run a fever when they are teething, that's just an old wives' tale. I beg to differ. The second a tooth popped through, her temp went right back to normal. It was the same when she got older and started losing baby teeth. HUGE fever, and as soon as the baby tooth fell out she'd be fine as can be.

Definitely try all the other things before giving Motrin or Tylenol, but if that is what you need to use, them please, use them and don't feel guilty! You are not "drugging up your child for your own convenience." You are helping her, and that's what counts the most.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics