Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do avoid bal tashchis? Sp?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:27 pm
I told my granddaughter and her friend that matching socks are out of style because when one tears or gets lost you throw out both. I told them to be in style and wear mismatched.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 5:55 pm
Great idea!

In reality, I collect orphan socks and use them for a Multitude of purposes, among which are:
1. Covers for cold whole fruit or bottles or cans of cold beverages. Cold containers cause condensation, which pools in the bottom of your bag. The socks absorb the moisture and help keep everything dry.
2. Emergency case for glasses/sunglasses.
3. Applying and buffing polishes and waxes for shoes, jewelry, silver, furniture and automobiles.
4. Covering shoes being packed into a suitcase. Plastic bags can mar some shoe materials.
5. Small but messy cleanup jobs.
6. A removable"sleeve" to protect your "driving arm" from the sun.
7. Cut into "slices" an inch wide and use as hair scrunchies or to hold together small bundles that may be marred by a rubber band.
8. Sock puppets.
9. Put a tennis ball or three in a long sock. Put this on the floor and roll it back and forth with the bottom of your bare foot. Great self-massage for relief of plantar fasciitis or "Shop Till You Drop" syndrome. The sock keeps the ball from rolling out from under your foot and ending up under the couch.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 5:57 pm
Sock Monkeys! 🐵

I've seen lovely sock octopi, too. This works really well with knee socks. Use torn socks for stuffing.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 6:14 pm
What great ideas!!!

OOTforlife

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:00 pm
I wear orphan socks when I exercise at home.

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 7:17 pm
zaq wrote:
Great idea!

In reality, I collect orphan socks and use them for a Multitude of purposes, among which are:
1. Covers for cold whole fruit or bottles or cans of cold beverages. Cold containers cause condensation, which pools in the bottom of your bag. The socks absorb the moisture and help keep everything dry.
2. Emergency case for glasses/sunglasses.
3. Applying and buffing polishes and waxes for shoes, jewelry, silver, furniture and automobiles.
4. Covering shoes being packed into a suitcase. Plastic bags can mar some shoe materials.
5. Small but messy cleanup jobs.
6. A removable"sleeve" to protect your "driving arm" from the sun.
7. Cut into "slices" an inch wide and use as hair scrunchies or to hold together small bundles that may be marred by a rubber band.
8. Sock puppets.
9. Put a tennis ball or three in a long sock. Put this on the floor and roll it back and forth with the bottom of your bare foot. Great self-massage for relief of plantar fasciitis or "Shop Till You Drop" syndrome. The sock keeps the ball from rolling out from under your foot and ending up under the couch.

You're operating on a different level 😁
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics