Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Higher COVID Rate Found In Counties With Higher Vaccination
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Mirishev

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:25 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
The studies were unblinded and discontinued. So where is the data showing that the vaccine loses effectiveness after 9 months? Or that there are no t-cells from covid itself or the vaccine to protect people from the virus?

When I read the studies and saw that the control group was given the vax, I was very suspicious.
Few people understand that this means that the vaccine studies ended after a few months.
The information on vaccine safety is not based on the original safety studies because, those original studies were unblinded and everyone, even the control group, was given the vaccine. Therefore, there is no way to know what the long term effects of the vaccine are from those studies.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:49 am
sky wrote:

I appreciate the article because not only is it well written but it's objective rather than agenda driven.
I prefer the approach of prevention rather than telling people that it's in their best interest to catch something and then take medication that numerous studies have determined are at best ineffective and at worst are dangerous but anecdotally, they work.
Of course, in many places that got the virus under control initially, it involved strict lockdowns that worked until people started traveling again. Nobody should deny the downside of this but the idea was to buy time until either a vaccine or better treatments were developed.
I think that it's the best approach to acknowledge the limitations of both vaccines and other forms of prevention, such as masks, as well as the limitations of treatment options such as oral medications. Referring to the vaccine as "safe" in the face of reports of serious reactions or of medications such as HCQ, that has had mixed reviews as the "cure" prevents the development of a more sound approach. Everyone picks the choice that fits their political views even if the science is saying otherwise.

sky

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 8:15 pm
https://abcnews.go.com/Politic.....48102

Quote:
As of Thursday, 882 people were tied to the Provincetown outbreak. Among those living in Massachusetts, 74% of them were fully immunized, yet officials said the vast majority were also reporting symptoms. Seven people were reported hospitalized.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics