Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling to Eretz Yisroel for Rosh Hashana

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:32 pm
what does one need?
permit?
vacccine?
for US citizens
leaving US

banana123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:44 pm
Vaccine, negative PCR test up to 72 hours before your flight leaves, a place to quarantine upon arrival, and permission from the government to visit your first-degree relative in Israel.

Right now you cannot come unless you have a first-degree relative living in Israel. It's unlikely that that will change prior to RH.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:52 pm
thanks. if my husband has a sister there and my son learns there - does that count

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks. if my husband has a sister there and my son learns there - does that count

Only if they are citizens or permanent residents. If they are living there on a visa you cannot get in.

Ellie7

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:08 pm
Also, considering how COVID is looking right now, I wouldn’t count on any plans.

banana123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:13 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Only if they are citizens or permanent residents. If they are living there on a visa you cannot get in.

This, and also, I'm not sure kids of all ages are allowed in.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:18 pm
OP, if your husband has a sister that lives there as a permanent resident, I think only your husband can go. I don't think you can go. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
I honestly don't understand this policy that only people with a direct relative can go in. They can bring in covid the same way anyone else can bring in covid.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:22 pm
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
OP, if your husband has a sister that lives there as a permanent resident, I think only your husband can go. I don't think you can go. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
I honestly don't understand this policy that only people with a direct relative can go in. They can bring in covid the same way anyone else can bring in covid.

It's to minimize the risk of bringing COVID into the country while also allowing for some family life to continue.

banana123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:28 pm

You're wrong. First-degree relatives and their spouse and children (of ages permitted to enter).

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
It's to minimize the risk of bringing COVID into the country while also allowing for some family life to continue.

I can understand parents visiting kids. But how many people go visit their siblings just because? I'm sure most people are using their siblings as an excuse to go to Israel and they wouldn't otherwise go visit their siblings.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:30 pm
banana123 wrote:
You're wrong. First-degree relatives and their spouse and children (of ages permitted to enter).

My neighbors brother married off a child this week. She was able to go because her brother lives there, her husband was not able to go.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:34 pm
we just got to e"Y bh bh
dh is israeli
it was a nightmare to get in.
had to show so much proof... we got married in e"y so had to show rabbanut license etc

I doubt youll be able to get in...:/

banana123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:35 pm
My neighbors brother married off a child this week. She was able to go because her brother lives there, her husband was not able to go.

Very strange, but there must be more to the story. What country do you (and your neighbors) live in?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:39 pm
banana123 wrote:
Very strange, but there must be more to the story. What country do you (and your neighbors) live in?

US

banana123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:45 pm
US

Then I don't know why he couldn't come. But officially speaking he was allowed to go, if he himself met the criteria.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:54 pm
banana123 wrote:
Then I don't know why he couldn't come. But officially speaking he was allowed to go, if he himself met the criteria.

I wonder. Now I'm curious, hope I'll remember to ask her about it when she comes back.
He's fully vaccinated so that's not the issue.

Teomima

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 6:37 pm
I can understand parents visiting kids. But how many people go visit their siblings just because? I'm sure most people are using their siblings as an excuse to go to Israel and they wouldn't otherwise go visit their siblings.

A little off topic but why do you think that? It makes me sad. I've often traveled to visit my sister. Are people really not close enough with their siblings that that alone could be a valid reason to travel?

(Not talking about during covid, just regular travel)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics