Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Anxiety getting school supplies

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:45 pm
Please tell me you are also feeling this way.My head is spinning and I have knots in my stomach.....

momof2+?

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:48 pm
https://betweencarpools.com/th.....lies/

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:49 pm
What about it is making you anxious?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:52 pm
This does not need to be stressful!
Go on Walmart or Target's website and buy everything and get it shipped. Don't shop around for prices - I truly believe it all evens out in the end.
I took my older daughter to Target and let her pick out her three notebooks and one pencil case, everything else we ordered online (I gave her choices of which items she could pick out, and told her everything else I'd order)

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:50 pm
Beingreal wrote:
Please tell me you are also feeling this way.My head is spinning and I have knots in my stomach.....

Yes because I have 4 kids to send.

The lists are endless and I know two weeks later they will lose half the things and the quarter of them will prove to be not needed.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:52 pm
momof2+? wrote:
https://betweencarpools.com/this-is-the-absolute-best-way-to-shop-for-school-supplies/

This is cool.
In fact I had an idea for such a service a while ago but I live oot and it wouldn't work here.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:53 pm
All of my kids are in school this coming year.

I basically did a mass Target online order. One kid is packed up already. My high schoolers I don't know what I need, I'll just give them generic supplies.
I find it fun to give and get fresh stuff. I found it very simple to do online. Just take the list and do it line by line and you don't need to figure out in advance you need 5 boxes of markers, you can add more to your cart later.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:55 pm
Shortages are anticipated this year.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:00 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
This is cool.
In fact I had an idea for such a service a while ago but I live oot and it wouldn't work here.

There’s actually another Lakewood service called the supply box. I bought from them for my elementary girls. I couldn’t be bothered.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:04 pm
Theteachersoutlet phone 848-226-5274 just text photo of school supply list. They do e/t else they even label e/t for u they deliver

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:16 pm
Stock up on essentials and keep a bucket in the house for the year cuz they always need refills throughout the year.

Ticonderoga presharpend pencils, pink pearl erasers, sharpeners, glue sticks, glue, markers, crayons, hard 2-pocket folders, spiral & marble notebooks. Pencil case that holds a lot.

The rest of the customized items you can do slowly. If you start the year with the essentials and always have extras at home, you'll be calmer.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Theteachersoutlet phone 848-226-5274 just text photo of school supply list. They do e/t else they even label e/t for u they deliver

Where are they located? I assume they only do local hand deliveries?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
There’s actually another Lakewood service called the supply box. I bought from them for my elementary girls. I couldn’t be bothered.

That would be great. I live oot too and it wouldn't fly here

lucky14

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
This does not need to be stressful!
Go on Walmart or Target's website and buy everything and get it shipped. Don't shop around for prices - I truly believe it all evens out in the end.
I took my older daughter to Target and let her pick out her three notebooks and one pencil case, everything else we ordered online (I gave her choices of which items she could pick out, and told her everything else I'd order)

This is what I did. I ordered everything from Target. I didn't even go to the store- I showed my son a few items to chose from (folder color, lunch box, pencil case) and he made a selection on the computer. I just went down the list and added everything to my cart. Over and done with!

I found the best online prices are Target and Walmart. The difference is so small that you are right it just evens out.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:03 pm
I found target super easy. They have a back to school section so it’s all right there. I did it all in one trip.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:05 pm
I would probably be more stressed out about it if I knew that one of my kids actually had a place in a school for this coming year.

Not in Lakewood FTR, or Monsey for that matter. But this kid has specific needs and we aren't sure that any school in the community can handle it.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:07 pm
Beingreal wrote:

same school Wink
I'm personally really bad at lists, checklists.. the thing is my kids enjoyed doing it so I just had them go on the computer and put the stuff they needed in the cart. The step before that of going through what we already had was overwhelming. My daughter said she thinks it is for most people Wink

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:11 pm
I get it op, it stresses me out too. I have experience where everything on the list needs to be slightly different and I end up having to do a whole second shopping....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children