Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Cameras - compare canon sx740 to g9x to g7x

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 9:33 pm
I know the g7x is the oldest model of the three. I had a g9x till now and was super happy with the ease of use and the quality of the pictures. it broke and im looking for a new camera. Should I buy another new g9x? Can I get away with sx740 or will I not be happy with it after having a g9x? What about the g7x which is more expensive - is it worth the extra money ?

someoneelse

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:47 pm
bump

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:57 pm
Honestly after having the g9x nothing can compare to its professional quality but I didn’t have either of the other ones to be able to give u a good review, why don’t u try one of the online camera compare sites? I think B&H should have something like that

emmes

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:00 pm
I was also looking into this but didnt get anything yet. I ruled out the g7x because it's more expensive and is geared for vlogging. The screen can be flipped to the front. I'm not a blogger so I wouldn't pay for that. Also, as much as I try to keep my kids from touching my camera, they still do sometimes and that screen has a big chance if breaking if mishandled.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:51 pm
I ended up getting another g9x and hoping itll last a bit longer than the previous one

Pearlgem

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know the g7x is the oldest model of the three. I had a g9x till now and was super happy with the ease of use and the quality of the pictures. it broke and im looking for a new camera. Should I buy another new g9x? Can I get away with sx740 or will I not be happy with it after having a g9x? What about the g7x which is more expensive - is it worth the extra money ?

OP
can you say what you ended up buying...my daughter would like powershot sx740...did you buy it in the end?
If so, where's the best place to buy it? How much?

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:06 am
Pearlgem wrote:
OP
can you say what you ended up buying...my daughter would like powershot sx740...did you buy it in the end?

I bought my girls cameras by Bh photo they sell with it great warranties which I have had to use in the past my girls currently have I think the sx720 .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 12:30 pm
Pearlgem wrote:
OP

I bought another g9x

Pearlgem

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 7:28 am
Is g9x in another league compared to the sx740? Is it a much more expensive camera?

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:14 am
Pearlgem wrote:
Is g9x in another league compared to the sx740? Is it a much more expensive camera?

It’s smaller and like $150 more

Pearlgem

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:24 pm
Oh ok thank you for the info
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics