Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Which Vaccine?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:26 pm
No bashing either way here please, I'm beginning to think about potentially taking the vaccine, but I don't know if I should take Moderna or Pfizer. Definitely not taking J&J as there's a family history of blood clotting disorder. I'm also nursing clean and not currently on any normal form of BC (I use a spermicide sometimes but not 100% guaranteed that I'm not pregnant).

Tell me the most recent data about Moderna verses Pfizer please!

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:46 pm
I would recommend Pfizer. I personally got Moderna because that’s what was available back in January. However, I have friends and family who got Pfizer (and Moderna and J and J), and they had much fewer side effects (usually just a sore arm) than those who got Moderna (who usually felt sick for 1-2 days).

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:27 pm
Moderna is twice the dosage of Pfizer, so it makes sense it would have worse side effects.

Not to scare you, but now they're saying Pfizer has the same risk of clots as Astra Zeneca. True Astra Zeneca is not JNJ but they're a similar mechanism, and supposedly Astra Zeneca has a higher risk for clots than JNJ.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne......html

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:31 pm
Pfizer is requiring boosters as its effectiveness is waning with every passing month. There may be more risk with increased amount of boosters What

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:41 pm
Not everyone who gets Moderna gets sick. I was 3 months pregnant when I got mine and my only side effects were a sore arm and after the second one I was really really tired for a day. My husband and other family members who got Pfizer were sick the day after their second dose (though not horribly so).

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 6:30 am
Both are good. Get whichever one you can attain more easily. Pfizer needs special storage requirements, so probably more likely to see at hospital based sites. I got my Pfizer shots in the hospital. My husband got Moderna at the doctor.
Originally Pfizer was supposed to have increased coverage over the variants, but I think we’ve crossed that road.

naomi2

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:06 am
Maybe see if any of them actually have long lasting positive effects, besides for the negative short term effects.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:17 am
naomi2 wrote:
Maybe see if any of them actually have long lasting positive effects, besides for the negative short term effects.

I don’t know your detention of “long lasting,” but based on the current data regarding hospitalizations and serious illnesses, the positive effects are worth it to me. I’m very happy with my decision to get the vaccine, and I’m thrilled that my family members and friends did too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:21 am
naomi2 wrote:

That wasn't what I was asking for. I held out for a while but now feel like it's time to do it based on my risk factors, which are reasonably significant (obesity and complex history or pneumonia).

Anyhow, I'm at the pharmacy now waiting for my dose of Moderna. Thank you for all of your assistance!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics