Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help! Has anyone dealt with Sedgwick Insurance company? How

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:48 am
Help! Has anyone dealt with Sedgwick Insurance company? How will I pay for my car thats already been purchased, if they continue procrastinating?

I was involved in an auto accident, where auto was totaled, and it was agreed by police and the person who hit me (truck driver), that they were 100% at fault.

They were covered by Sedgwick.

Sedgwick issued a check to cover cost of vehicle and check was determined to be invalid by Santander Bank.

Sedgwick issued a replacement check and we were notified not to cash the check until they verify that their own check is valid????

This is madness.

I see they have an "F" rating on BBB.ORG with many unresolved complaints.

What happens if they dont send a valid check?

How would I proceed?

Help! How will I pay for my car thats already been purchased and dealer is waiting for payment, if they continue procrastinating? Who can I go to for insurance matters like this?

tia

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 6:43 am
Never in the detail you did but my employee uses them for workmen’s Comp and I spoke to them a few times regarding a claim
That was open (mistakenly) for me and I was struck by how dumb they seemed and how fragmented the company was in terms of speak to one person and then get the same inquiry from another person. Also it was very very difficult to get a human on the phone and our interactions we’re primarily email. I’m
Sorry for what you’re Dealing with now

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 7:35 am
bump

How will I pay for my car thats already been purchased and dealer is waiting for payment, if Sedgwick
continues procrastinating?

Who can I go to for insurance matters like this, if its clear that they owe me for replacing my totaled car?

tia

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 8:17 am
You need a lawyer who sues insurance companies.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 9:23 am
mha3484 wrote:
You need a lawyer who sues insurance companies.

Question:

If accident was caused by a construction company truck, and the construction company has insurance with a company with an "F" rating that doesnt seem to be responding about when valid check will be issued, can the construction company be held responsible if the insurance company doesnt pay out?

This involves a brand new vehicle that was totaled, so cost is over $40,000.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:01 am
I’m not a lawyer I can’t answer but I think you should get a consultation from one as soon as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics