Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rocking horse ranch or Mohonk mountain anybody?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 12:32 am
Looking to go for 1-2 days, not too far from monsey. With 2 teens. Anybody been to rocking horse ranch or Mohonk mountain? Do they do day passes or you have to stay overnight? Any other ideas? We like water sports, hiking, horseback riding, etc.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 12:38 am
Mohonk is amazing and incomparable but unless you get a cottage (I did) you’re paying for food (that I imagine you won’t be eating) Mohonk is also extremely expensive

I don’t think rocking horse ranch is in the same category but I’ll leave that to someone who’s been to both

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 7:16 am
Mohonk looks to be between $1,000 - $3,000 per night per room.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 7:41 am
Do any of them
Do day passes?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 7:49 am
Around 4 years ago we went for the day. My husband and myself we went horse back riding, boating and rock climbing..it was amazing!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 8:21 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Around 4 years ago we went for the day. My husband and myself we went horse back riding, boating and rock climbing..it was amazing!!

To Mohonk or rocking horse? Thank you

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:47 pm
Once you’re going down this road, you should also consider Woodloch Pines. It’s just like Rocking Horse, but has a friendlier vibe. They have lots of activities and water activities, as well as hotel activities like Bingo at night. All of these places are expensive because they are meant to be “all inclusive” with food. Some of them give kosher airline type food but they all make you pay the all inclusive fee anyway. My family enjoyed Woodloch this past winter. My kids thought it was a lot of fun. We were on a kosher program so I don’t know what the food is like normally.

I’ve also been to Rocking Horse. Also plenty of activities and shows.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics