Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Fasting Yom kippur while nursing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 9:24 pm
I have issues with low supply and am worried fasting will impact my nursing journey. Haven’t asked rav yet, I was allowed to do shiurim for Tisha bav but think I will be told to fast Yom kippur. I’m very frustrated and worried. Anyone have words of advice or encouragement for me?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 9:55 pm
Ask your rav. Tell him all the factors, including your history, how old your baby will be, and the realistic chance of it causing a long-lasting problem. Speak to a nursing consultant and/ or doctor first to get the relevant facts.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 9:59 pm
unless you have a real medical reason, Yom Kippur fasting is incredibly chamur.
It's better to fast and sit in your house than shiurim and daven.
I agree with previous amother- you can arm yourself with your medical data and ask- but I think you have to be realistic.
Maybe learn about the beauty of yom Kippur. The day itself (if you do teshuva) brings kapparah.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:10 pm
I find that if I really focus on drinking a lot for 4-5 days before the fast, I do ok. Preparing is key, and it can’t all be done on Erev Yom Kippur. Cut the coffee and really hydrate.
Hatzlacha!!

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:22 pm
I was told to do shiurim when nursing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note