Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share your hashgacha pratis stories here
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 5:19 pm
Please inspire us all! Tell us about the hugs you get from Hashem. Big and small stories all welcome, as long as you felt loved and taken care of by our Creator.

I'll start:
I got a letter in the mail a few months ago that I may be eligible for a COVID stimulus program that Biden recently signed into law (part of the American Rescue Plan) for a very specific group of individuals who fit into a very narrow category. Unbeknownst to me, I made certain choices long ago that made me eligible for these funds. This morning I was notified that my application was approved, Chasdei Hashem! My budget is really tight these days and I feel so grateful that Hashem set me up to be eligible for these funds wayyy before the law was even passed. Thank you Hashem!

Anyone else? It would be so nice if we could all inspire each other.

GLUE

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 6:04 pm
Before Tish A'Bov I got in the lunch box two packages of frozen fish so I decide to save them for after the fast. Then my DH needed something for lunch so I said "look the fast is in two days just eat the fish and I will by more". About an hour later I got a phone call someone wanted to know if I wanted her frozen fish that she got in the food box.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 7:18 pm
I became frum as a result of a well-meaning parent trying to prevent it by sending me to the less Orthodox high school. I met my 'bashert' (don't really believe in that concept) there and the rest is history.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 8:06 pm
You might be sorry you asked:

My father in law got fatal colon cancer and suffered for two years before he died weighing maybe eighty pounds.

My husband was a secular Jew but an excellent son so he said Kaddish the way his BT parents wanted him to ( they were BT AFTER he grew up.)

We got sucked into our orthodox shul during Kaddish and decided to move across the street and start keeping mitzvot.

My kids went to Oorah’s boy and girl zones. We all became torahmates and stayed in touch even when they stopped going to camp.

I was a super active parent, organizing buses from Canada and driving to reunions. My kid was camper 1 from my city and three years later there were thirty boys and girls going.

I provided pizza for camp on mid session trips when I had my restaurant.

Now it gets really interesting.

In may 2017 I had my health crisis and went low carb. It was also the last year of my restaurant.

I was the volunteer ima for my shuls banot sherut and one morning went to pick up a girl who was replacing someone who went home. It was very early am and I decided to go get breakfast with the girls and kill time before rush hour.

Went to a friends restaurant in toronto and my friend turned around and said to me ‘ what can I get you that’s keto?’

I told her eggs with veg and the woman next to me said ‘what’s keto?’

We started to chat and became friends. I have a wholesale meat account and she started ordering on my account.

One day I dropped an order off to her and told me she worked for Kars4kids. I was like ‘I should work for k4k. I love oorah.’ She said ‘send me a resume.’ I did and started A week later.

I’m in the remote team and was trained by someone in Israel. They encouraged me to come to Lakewood for more training.

I went a few months later and met my remote team leader who was a 23 year old girl in shidduchim. When I got to know her, I realized that she had a very similar sense of humour to a friend of mine who was single in toronto.

I introduced them and about a year later they got married and she moved to toronto.

So:

Because my father in law died a horrible death from a terrible illness that made my husband not want to stress his parents land more…

Because we became observant after getting sucked in to our shul when he said Kaddish.

Because we sent our kids to Oorah camp and I was a very involved mother,

I was hired at Oorah where I met the Kallah.

And THEN, because I had a health crisis and went low Carb,

Because I was a volunteer ima for the banot sherut and went to go pick them up from the airport

Because I went to my friends restaurant

Because the lady standing next to me asked me about keto

I got a job that I love for an organization I love

And my friend and my team leader got married and she moved to toronto.

I’m sure there’s more but that was exhausting lol.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 8:21 pm
Sharing anon because some people know my story:

We were newly married and living in an apartment building on a busy street corner. The building was the kind where the heat isn’t controlled by an in-unit thermostat but rather all heat in the building was collectively controlled by the management.

It was the dead of winter and our apartment was freezing. We complained to the management to turn up the heat. A bunch of times. Finally, they must have gotten lots of complaints from other tenants because we came home from work one day to find the apartment stifling hot. It was too hot to sleep so we fell asleep with the bedroom window open.

At about 3 in the morning, my husband who is a very light sleeper woke up from screams across the street. On our corner in Brooklyn there’s often noise and passersby being loud at all hours of the day and night. But he decided to go to the window and see what was going on. It was a frum neighbor standing in front of his house in his pjs screaming for help. Dh ran downstairs to help. The man’s house was on fire and his son was trapped inside. His son couldn’t hear the smoke alarm because he was deaf. Dh immediately called the fire department and Hatzalah. Then went to wake up the elderly neighbors in the attached house next door and got them out. BH the firefighters were able to rescue the deaf boy and bring him to the hospital. Thankfully aside from minor smoke inhalation he was ok.

We realized how amazing Hashgacha Pratis it was that our window was open that freezing night and that my husband is such a light sleeper. I shudder to think what would have happened if not for that.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 8:32 pm
When I was a teenager, I got really sick when were out of town visiting family. High fever, abdominal pain, nausea, etc. Our insurance company sent us to the ER where they they thought I had appendicitis but a scan showed inflammation in the colon. They did a colonoscopy and found some polyps. In the end all I had was a really bad stomach bug. But after I was discharged my parents ran into the GI that I saw at the hospital (he was friends with my relatives). He mentioned to them that colon polyps were unusual for my age and I should get it checked out at home. Over the years since then I have had hundreds of polyps removed.

I should honestly have colon cancer right now. Had I been home I wouldn't have gone to the ER. I had no symptoms of any colon condition at all. It was such hashgacha pratis that we were out of town when I got sick. That stomach bug saved my life.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:10 pm
My dc was in the hospital after a bone marrow transplant with zero immune system. One day he developed a rash, so they did an image of his lungs to see where rash is coming from, to rule out fungus. What did they find? Pneumonia which they didn't detect with stethoscope. It was a nes that it was found early to be able to treat him. I don't want to think otherwise.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:38 pm
Andrea that’s some awesome chain of events! Thanks for sharing Smile

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:43 pm
I’ve got lots of stories to share- but this is fresh! Happened today Smile

Iy’H sending my very medically complex kiddo to camp for a couple of days. Even though I know there’s an incredible medical staff, I was still nervous as dc is young and has a rare condition and I don’t know any of the staff. I trained the counselor somewhat and I know there are nurses etc as backup but still- was uneasy...
Today I get a phone call and it’s a nurse that worked with my child’s doctor and knows this rare diagnosis and remembers my child very well (we kept up somewhat). And yes, she is in camp! It’s like a stone rolled off lol!

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 10:48 pm
This also happened this week. As posted above my child is going away for a couple of days. Was debating how to best spend the time and trying to figure out the financial logistics. I ended up booking a little getaway at my husbands insistence, not sure how I’ll pay off the credit card bill the end of the month but doing it because I know my mental, physical and emotional health need it...
As I was confirming the reservations I called my husband to check which CC to use, he said wait- So & so owes me money for a side bonus job I did. Here’s his CC number, use xx amount. I was open mouthed when he named the number. It’s exactly the amount this getaway costs!

TYH for paying my vacation so easily Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:17 am
I find it really meaningful to hear the little and big stories that happen all the time. Keep up the posting, especially as stories happen. We all need chizuk and to feel Hashem's love for us. Let's share the warm feelings, we've got to counteract all the tragedies and Hester panim! Thank you all!!

My latest...
I was planning to go away with my husband and leave my kids with a particular relative. I was really disappointed when the timing didn't work out. I made a plan B and all was good until one of my kids got sick just a few hours before we were scheduled to leave. What hashgacha pratis that my relative in plan B was able to watch the sick child during the day (instead of going to planned childcare) whereas plan A would not have been as flexible. Thank you Hashem for working out all the details for me so that I can take the time with my husband that we need!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 7:29 am
Sunny Days wrote:
Andrea that’s some awesome chain of events! Thanks for sharing Smile

If you look
At it from beginning to end, my father in law died a horrible fealty from colon cancer and because of that, my team leader married my friend fifteen years later.. I could not have imagined it let alone planned it!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:17 am
Here's another:

The very first guy I dated gave me a software CD. Fast forward a few months, my brother in college needed the CD. I gave it to my cousin who was in the same city as him. He picked it up from my cousin's apartment, but it was her roommate who answered the door and gave it to him. They got to talking and eventually they got married.

Fast forward a few years. That now married brother moves to a different state for grad school. It happens to be where his in laws live. The in laws have a girl from Israel boarding by them. My brother and sister in law have a baby. The bris is at my in laws shul. Our younger brother goes to the bris and meets the Israeli girl. They fet to talking and eventually they get married.

So while that first guy I went out with wasn't right for me, he was the reason two of my brothers got married.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 10:42 am
I'll share mine...
we went on vacation last wk, arrived at the train station only to discover that the train was cancelled. Consequently, we reached the hotel we had booked later than planned. And then at the hotel they couldn't find our reservation (turns out the reservation was accidentaly made for next month). And all of the rooms were booked.... But b"h they were able to locate one last room that had been reserved and becam avaiable a few minutes earliers since the guy who had reserved did not have a working cc and the hotel ended up turning him away.
Bottom line - had the train been working we would've arrived before the room became available, and had the reservations been made for the correct month, we probably would've been turned away since we made our reservations relatively last minute and there wouldn't have been an available room....

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:23 am
I inherited a house that was totaled my son ripped out the entire kitchen I was mad at him
he ripped out a nice closet with shleves

he took away toilets and sinks because they were old and leaked
my cousin texted me that my cousins davened at my parents grave in ISreal
then we got 4 offers on the house in one day
the flollowing a day I signed the contract for the house

miriam845

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:48 am
This did not happened to me just with a relative of mine,
He was planning to attend the chanukah lighting at the Rabbi's shul in Monsey where there was the stabbing a couple of years ago,
On the way home he had his car die and then hit crazy traffic, a way of of an hour, took 5 hours,
By the time he got to monsey he heard about what happened,

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:51 pm
Whenever I had homework in school to write down a hashgacha pratis story, my older brother would say, please write a story on how you stubbed your toe. You don't see the good of it, but that is the same hashgacha pratis as when someone missed his plane and that plane crashed.

GLUE

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:05 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Whenever I had homework in school to write down a hashgacha pratis story, my older brother would say, please write a story on how you stubbed your toe. You don't see the good of it, but that is the same hashgacha pratis as when someone missed his plane and that plane crashed.

Someone missed a plane and the plane did not crash he complained to his Rabbi and the Rabbi said "so a few hundred people had to die so you can see hashgacha pratis"?

If you missed the plane and it did not crash it is still hashgacha pratis

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:08 pm
JUST watched this...incredible story of hashgacha pratis...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C....._link

foodie

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:38 pm
Hi ! Everyone ! Today I had a small incident that I wanted to share ... I'm married for almost 7 months and I still go eat supper by my parents and in laws ... My mother went to country for second half of the summer so it came out I have to make supper at least once or twice a week ... Today my Bobby offered to come to her for supper so it's a help for me this one day less to make supper cause it's a big adjustment for me .... So during the day I was by the dentist to get a filling done and then I went to the grocery to get a few things and I saw one tuna sandwich that I was very in the mood of ... But I was very numb from the filling so I couldn't eat till the numbness goes away so I decided to buy it anyway so worst case I could have it for lunch the next day .... About 6 o'clock before supper time my numbness was finally gone and I was very starved so I ate the sandwich ... Was more to the small side it wasn't such a heavy sandwich But it satisfied me halfway ... Then I went to eat supper by my Bobby and the supper wasn't my taste at all ... I ate minimum cause I couldn't embarrass my Bobby ... But then I thought : wow ! Hashem is so good ! He made my eyes pop on this tuna sandwich when I was numb like this I ate it close to supper so I shouldn't stay hungry !
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational