Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Making aliyah! Advice about sending a lift please...
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Apr 07 2017, 1:38 pm
iy'h we are making aliyah in 3 weeks. We are using Orbit and have only heard good things about them. So far they've been very helpful with everything.

we're taking everything, but not any major appliances. We're still sifting through our junk and tossing things out. Lol I'm not dreading the work of pesach this year, it's the days after pesach that will be hard for us!

Hatzlacha on your move too!

Marion

Post Sat, Apr 08 2017, 1:52 pm
My husband's grandparents used Sonigo a few years ago (maybe 6?) and were happy. Everything arrived in good condition. I used Kef (from Toronto) when I came 14 years ago and, well, almost everything that could have been cracked or broken was. I was single so most of what I had what framed art and books; I had to have every single item re-framed with new glass. I was disappointed, to say the least.

SG18

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 3:49 am
Bumping this to 2021!
Making Aliyah soon, and looking into a few lift companies. So far, I've heard of Best Guy Movers and Kef International. Any reviews- good or bad- on either of these?
Do you have any other ideas? Really open to anything!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 4:17 am
We used Best Guy/Sonigo a few years ago and they were wonderful. One broken cereal bowl, and I think that was actually our fault. They packed us up in the US, and did a whole house in a day. Great job.

SG18

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:35 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
We used Best Guy/Sonigo a few years ago and they were wonderful. One broken cereal bowl, and I think that was actually our fault. They packed us up in the US, and did a whole house in a day. Great job.

Did you pay the whole price upfront? They're asking us to do it in the quote, not sure if that's normal.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:37 am
SG2189 wrote:
Did you pay the whole price upfront? They're asking us to do it in the quote, not sure if that's normal.

So sorry, I don't remember. I must have blocked that out Laugh
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions