Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Restarting Optavia

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:03 pm
I did Optavia and was very successful. Then I went off when I got pregnant and I gained a ton of weight.
Been struggling to lose weight for the last 2 years but the weight has not budged.
I'm thinking to go back on Optavia, but I am hesitant because of the cost..also, I have found that whenever I try to go on a diet that I had previously done well on, it doesn't work the second time around.

If you did well on Optavia and tried it again, how did you do the second time?
(Please dont bash the plan itself. I know what its about, I was on it for many months.)

rmbg

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 11:09 pm
The same thing will happen again. Once you go off, you will regain.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:15 am
I did it twice, wasn’t as successful the second time and the second time gained my weight back quicker.

Optavia doesn’t actually teach healthy habits. You’re much better off with something sustainable like wright watchers.

Also as an FYI they’re out of many fuelings right now and have been out of some of them for over a year and shipping is taking over a month for many people. They blame it on covid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:01 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
I did it twice, wasn’t as successful the second time and the second time gained my weight back quicker.

Optavia doesn’t actually teach healthy habits. You’re much better off with something sustainable like wright watchers.

Also as an FYI they’re out of many fuelings right now and have been out of some of them for over a year and shipping is taking over a month for many people. They blame it on covid.

Thanks. I'm at a desperate point now and want to do it short term just to get myself to a better place. And then transition to a more normal plan.
I did try weight watchers but couldn't stick to it for more than a few days.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I'm at a desperate point now and want to do it short term just to get myself to a better place. And then transition to a more normal plan.
I did try weight watchers but couldn't stick to it for more than a few days.

That was my
Plan the second time also. However after being on optavia for a few months I was craving all sorts of foods I hadn’t been able to touch (you know like a glass of low-fat milk, fruit... crazy stuff 🤪).... I pigged out for a few days then I was just off.

I know optavia is tempting bc it’s so quick but as
Someone who did it twice I wouldn’t recommend

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:17 pm
I'm also tempted to go back on im pregnant now so I can't. did anyone ever do the nursing plan? Ive tried so many other diets and nothing worked. I would love to do it and then switch to a more normal diet for maintenance but I feel like I'm a dreamer. Otherwise I have to do oa or the sleeve. Sigh. Why cant I just eat like a normal person?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:45 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I'm also tempted to go back on im pregnant now so I can't. did anyone ever do the nursing plan? Ive tried so many other diets and nothing worked. I would love to do it and then switch to a more normal diet for maintenance but I feel like I'm a dreamer. Otherwise I have to do oa or the sleeve. Sigh. Why cant I just eat like a normal person?

I have been trying so many diets in the last year. I cannot stick to any of them for even a few days.
As much as my head tells me not to go on Optavia, I know I must get out of this rut.
I started this week and down 4 lbs so far.
And I am feeling hopeful.
Not sure what's right for you or even me, but I knew I needed something that would work because anything is better than nothing.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:44 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:

I only did the nursing plan and it was amazing. You can actually eat food! Which is easier to stick to after you decide to go off. You can eat bread, rice, quinoa. You can have fruit. You can eat condiments for free. You can get an extra snack (that’s not fueling but from a list)

I waited until my baby was 9 months and actually eating proper foods before I went on it. Because it’s a lot of soy and didn’t want my baby dependent on me who was dependent on soy and other “fake” nutrition.

Kept my weight off basically until I got pregnant with 2nd child

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been trying so many diets in the last year. I cannot stick to any of them for even a few days.
As much as my head tells me not to go on Optavia, I know I must get out of this rut.
I started this week and down 4 lbs so far.
And I am feeling hopeful.
Not sure what's right for you or even me, but I knew I needed something that would work because anything is better than nothing.
How is it going this time around? I've also done it in the past and lost only half my goal weight and then regained because it was so difficult to keep. How many pounds have you lost, are you still on it?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:16 pm
I just started Optavia for the first time so I can't answer OP but someone mentioned that it doesn't teach healthy habits. I am wondering about that because my Coach sent me 2 big fat books on healthy habits to read as I go along.
Also, supposedly when you are at goal the coach will help me transition to having more foods that are allowed....
I hope it works out for all of us!

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
I just started Optavia for the first time so I can't answer OP but someone mentioned that it doesn't teach healthy habits. I am wondering about that because my Coach sent me 2 big fat books on healthy habits to read as I go along.
Also, supposedly when you are at goal the coach will help me transition to having more foods that are allowed....
I hope it works out for all of us!

I know dozens of people who did optavia and two who kept off weight more than 6 months.

Their long term goal is for you to have 3 fuelings a day for the rest of your life and for you to be a coach.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
How is it going this time around? I've also done it in the past and lost only half my goal weight and then regained because it was so difficult to keep. How many pounds have you lost, are you still on it?

BH.
For me, the main part of it is that I am not able to spend time preparing food for myself, sonce I am having an extremely busy summer. So this works for me. Plus, I am not unhappy, I dont feel its torturous. I am losing weight, slowly. For the past year Inhave lost and gained the same 5 lbs. Finally, on Optavia, I broke the cycle and I passed that number and I'm down about 10 lbs.
I enjoy the food and I'm finding it easy to work the program.

Going in, my plan was to get a jumpstart for 2 or three months on Optavia and then transition to a more normal diet. But we'll see how it goes.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
BH.
For me, the main part of it is that I am not able to spend time preparing food for myself, sonce I am having an extremely busy summer. So this works for me. Plus, I am not unhappy, I dont feel its torturous. I am losing weight, slowly. For the past year Inhave lost and gained the same 5 lbs. Finally, on Optavia, I broke the cycle and I passed that number and I'm down about 10 lbs.
I enjoy the food and I'm finding it easy to work the program.

Going in, my plan was to get a jumpstart for 2 or three months on Optavia and then transition to a more normal diet. But we'll see how it goes.
How much do you want to lose?

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:16 am
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
I only did the nursing plan and it was amazing. You can actually eat food! Which is easier to stick to after you decide to go off. You can eat bread, rice, quinoa. You can have fruit. You can eat condiments for free. You can get an extra snack (that’s not fueling but from a list)

I waited until my baby was 9 months and actually eating proper foods before I went on it. Because it’s a lot of soy and didn’t want my baby dependent on me who was dependent on soy and other “fake” nutrition.

Kept my weight off basically until I got pregnant with 2nd child

Wow amazung that it worked when u were nursing a 9 month old. I heard u have to cut out food if u are nursing your baby less....

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:15 am
My friend lost a lot of weight on Optavia. She went off and gained back even more than she lost. What a waste of time and money for her. I would say to try anything else … nutritionist, endocrinologist, medicine, surgery, but not a diet that makes you eat chemical food and doesn’t have a way to make itself sustainable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise