Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Michlelet NCSY Summer Program?

NJmom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 10:02 am
Does anyone know anything about the Michlelete NCSY summer program? My 10th grader is interested in going and I am looking for information. Thanks!

jj1236

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 10:11 am
It's a great program more focused on learning. You should get in contact with Rabbi Ethan Katz if you're from NJ

NJmom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 10:50 am
What type of girls go there? How much learning vs. touring?

Rose816

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 1:46 pm
Michlelet is an AMAZING summer program! My sister went, and I had tons of friends go. They loved it.

Here's the NCSY website: https://michlelet.ncsy.org/

Navigating through the Michlelet page should answer a lot of your questions. Smile

courage2218

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 3:40 pm
I went on Michlelet. There were girls ranging from public school background (but frum), SKA/Bruriah type to chilled Bais Yaakov Type. Some modern Orthodox girls go as well. Its housed on Reishit's campers. I have some friends who were madrichot. Its awesome.
The learning is somewhat divided based on preference and background. There are speakers several nights a week such as Rabbi Nissel and Rabbi Zev Leff. There are two weekly chessed opportunities a week. One of the best parts is when the girls make a chessed wedding every summer. Trips include Tzfas, Eilat, the Kosel. There are a few trips on Erev Shabbos to Geula. Girls have a few roommates, dorms at Reishit are beautiful.

Lita

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 5:51 pm
My daughter went to michlelet two summers ago. What a great experience, for yourself as well- they post pictures every night and a video every friday.
Alot of girls are from Manhattan high,Ateres,Prospect,SKA, Tag. Most go the summer after tenth grade.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:24 pm
Lita wrote:
My daughter went to michlelet two summers ago. What a great experience, for yourself as well- they post pictures every night and a video every friday.
Alot of girls are from Manhattan high,Ateres,Prospect,SKA, Tag. Most go the summer after tenth grade.

Bumping this! Are there less girls going into 12th? Is it not a thing for that age? (Not even sure what will be this summer in our crazy world, but trying to look into some possibilities!

Also, any ideas how big their scholarships are? We're not poor, but stuck in the horrible middle class squeeze. This probably would be a major luxury for us, especially with seminary just a year after...

Lita

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 6:14 am
I think there were less girls going into 12th because many were planning on going to israel for the following year..

I think it pays to reach out to NCSY because a month or two ago I received an email from them stating that due to a large grant they received, they’ll be giving out a lot of scholarships this summer to all their camp programs... Grab it! There were no scholarships when my daughter went!

wiki

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 6:20 am
When I was in high school, the Intifada was really bad in the year I was in tenth grade, so all my friends who went on Michlelet went the following year, between 11th and 12th, instead.

I would imagine that this coming summer, iyH hoping things are pretty back to normal, that students going into 11th and also going into 12th would be looking to go on Michlelet.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:34 am
Bump. Is the camp the same way today? Do the girls that go to this camp have boyfriends?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children