Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Please help me plan my trip Lancaster , PA
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 11:17 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Maybe we'll also do Turkey hill (I wasn't going to because my kids would nit be able to taste the ice cream. But if they can have iced tea then maybe its worth it)

We were going to do the herr's factory but they are still closed for tours due to covid

They have about 8 flavors of Iced Tea to choose from, with little cups. They have these stations set up as you go along, so even though they can't taste the ice cream they could still: Design their favorite ice cream flavor at the first station, design the label with all kind of whacky designs at another, make a commercial for it a a third, etc. You get a little paper with a code that you can use after your visit to download all the info for each child's design. Plus you have the run of the mill exhibits like a truck to climb on, a fake cow to milk (Picture white colored water being squeezed out of a fake cow's teats. Gross, but boys especially will love it) and other things like that.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 11:17 pm
[quote="amother [ Eggshell ]"][quote="amother [ Tealblue ]"]

Today we did a buggy ride (Aaron and Jessica), Strasburg railroad and choo choo barn
Quote:

Did you need to make reservations for these things?

No

The only attraction that needed a reservation was kreiders farm

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:13 am
Not to derail this thread, but would the above places be suitable for kids ages 7-15 or wld Jiminy Peak be a better fit.
I’m completely clueless since unfortunately I’m very much a creature of habit and hate to travel out of my comfort zone.

cinnabon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:46 am
Wow thank you all for this wonderful information!
So for now this is what I have planned for our 4 day trip.
Do you ppl think I should switch things up?

1- Crayola factory on the way up (maybe we should rather get there first and do some sort of attraction in Lancaster instead)

2- Dutch wonderland

3- Water park in the doubletree that we’re staying by (if it’s not too packed)
- Choo choo barn

4- Cherry crest farm
- horse and buggy ride
- corn maze

Any tips for any of these places would be greatly appreciated

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:50 am
You can spend a long time at cherry crest not sure you’ll have time for more that day. Also I found that horse and buggy rides ended early like 4/5 so keep that in mind.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:52 am
My kids were bored in choo choo barn and the whole thing is small. I would add the horse and buggy ride, and maze that day.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:58 am
cinnabon wrote:
Wow thank you all for this wonderful information!
So for now this is what I have planned for our 4 day trip.
Do you ppl think I should switch things up?

1- Crayola factory on the way up (maybe we should rather get there first and do some sort of attraction in Lancaster instead)

2- Dutch wonderland

3- Water park in the doubletree that we’re staying by (if it’s not too packed)
- Choo choo barn

4- Cherry crest farm
- horse and buggy ride
- corn maze

Any tips for any of these places would be greatly appreciated

Personally I would go straight to Lancaster and do something outdoors. Its so beautiful.

I'm saving crayola factory for winter vacation

Also cherry crest farm is a whole day trip. I wouldn't plan on doing anything else that day

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
My kids were bored in choo choo barn and the whole thing is small. I would add the horse and buggy ride, and maze that day.

I agree. We happened to have spent 2 hours at choo choo barn because it was right up my son's alley and he was totally enamored with it

But it didn't seem like most families spent than an hour there

cinnabon

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:09 am
Ok. Thanks everyone.
Is there a corn maze by cherry crest farm or that would be a separate trip?
Also- would any of you know nice playgrounds / parks in the area ? We’re gonna be doing suppers outdoors .
Should we do any other attractions?

miriam845

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:19 am
cinnabon wrote:
Ok. Thanks everyone.
Also- would any of you know nice playgrounds / parks in the area ? We’re gonna be doing suppers outdoors .

Yes, cherry crest does have a corn maze,
Enjoy your trip

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:37 am
Its so funny how lancaster is such a "thing".
People ask and ask what to do there...

Personally I was there with my family 8 summers ago, very young kids and haven't even though about going again..

There's so many other interesting places to go to.
Vermont, Boston...

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:37 pm
cinnabon wrote:
Ok. Thanks everyone.

Longs Park is great. There are a few playgrounds, lots of grass and shade, and you can bbq there

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:

Personally I was there with my family 8 summers ago, very young kids and haven't even though about going again..

Vermont, Boston...

I've been there 4 times and did different things each time. There is so much to do for so many age ranges. We were really bored in other places like boston so....

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:06 pm

Vermont, Boston...

Okay, but if you had young kids and had never been there, wouldn’t you agree it’s worth going to at least the one time?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Okay, but if you had young kids and had never been there, wouldn’t you agree it’s worth going to at least the one time?

I’ve been there a few times and my younger kids have always enjoyed it. I also found it to be more affordable than Boston and not as far as Vermont.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 8:28 pm

Vermont, Boston...

Different places work for different families...

We've been to Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Boston, Philly, Poconos and the Catskills

This was our first time in Lancaster and it absolutely took the cake! My kids are already planning next year's vaca there Smile We were there a whole week and could have easily spent another week there.

cinnabon

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 2:28 pm
Hey guys! Thank you for all your wonderful advice! Anyone know which horse & buggy Amish tour is most authentic and kid friendly?
Thinking of doing Abe’s . Has anyone heard of that?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 2:38 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Different places work for different families...

We've been to Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Boston, Philly, Poconos and the Catskills

This was our first time in Lancaster and it absolutely took the cake! My kids are already planning next year's vaca there Smile We were there a whole week and could have easily spent another week there.

Can I ask, what did you do there that your kids loved it so much more than all the other places you visited?

momof6?

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:58 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
They have about 8 flavors of Iced Tea to choose from, with little cups. They have these stations set up as you go along, so even though they can't taste the ice cream they could still: Design their favorite ice cream flavor at the first station, design the label with all kind of whacky designs at another, make a commercial for it a a third, etc. You get a little paper with a code that you can use after your visit to download all the info for each child's design. Plus you have the run of the mill exhibits like a truck to climb on, a fake cow to milk (Picture white colored water being squeezed out of a fake cow's teats. Gross, but boys especially will love it) and other things like that.

Is the ice cream tasting kosher?

momof6?

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:42 am
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
You can spend all day in cherry crest farm. It's a huge farm/park and there is tons and tons of activities to do there.

If your kids like animals, you can book a farm tour in verdant view farms - they take you around and it's super interactive. You can hold the bunny, chickens, find eggs that they serve for breakfast, play with tiny adorable goats and milk a cow! It was the highlight of our trip.

There are also horse and buggy rides that you can do.

There is the Strasburg train that runs through Lancaster and gives tours and rides, of that's your jam.

Of course there's Hershey chocolate factory and the amusement park I forgot what it's called cuz my family is more of the animal and nature type.

You have to bring food along, btw Smile

Enjoy! We just came home and it was a fabulous trip!

Eta: you can check on swimply for local pools to rent.

Was there today. All day wasn't even enough . Place has so much to do
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics