Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
New wig with holes in the net.

cherrylover

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:57 am
I just got a new wig, paid top dollar and the net has a 2 small holes. I brought it to the ladies attn she said its nothing. Wll sew it up. I dont feel ok with this. Anyb had such situation in the past?

Window

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:38 am
It is nothing. If not treated, the hole can grow and stretch. If it’s sewed up, it’s good and secure. No one will notice it.
But I understand your frustration for getting a “damaged” item after paying a fortune. I’d ask for a discount for “damaged goods”.
But if she won’t discount it, you gotta make the decision whether or not you like it enough to still buy.
Not as bad as the time I brought a brand new dress to a seamstress to fix and the dress came back with a cut- obviously from her scissors. I felt like not paying for the job, having her pay the replacement cost, and alter the new one for free. All she did was a terrible patch up job😰

cherrylover

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:46 am
Window wrote:
It is nothing. If not treated, the hole can grow and stretch. If it’s sewed up, it’s good and secure. No one will notice it.
But I understand your frustration for getting a “damaged” item after paying a fortune. I’d ask for a discount for “damaged goods”.
But if she won’t discount it, you gotta make the decision whether or not you like it enough to still buy.
Not as bad as the time I brought a brand new dress to a seamstress to fix and the dress came back with a cut- obviously from her scissors. I felt like not paying for the job, having her pay the replacement cost, and alter the new one for free. All she did was a terrible patch up job😰

She wont give it to me for cheaper since she made it sound like its no big deal. Im just worried that it wont last. Like the lace will rip fast.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:49 am
Is the hole in the net or in the lace (if it's a lacetop)? Huge difference.
In the net it's really nothing. It could happen from poking a bobby pin through it.
If it's in the lace, that's worrisome as it can damage more easily and more costly to repair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics