Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why The Panic Shopping? Its Aug 4!!!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:46 pm
I visited BP and there is such panic in the stores, grabbing, sold out, out of sizes...this is beyond absurd! 30 strollers in tottini, Petit clair...lines everywhere...

Why cant we all just enjoy the summer? Hasnt covid taught us enough?? I hear this is going on in other big frum communities as well. "Drop 1, Drop 2" some frum clothing companies were even sending out email blasts in the 9 days.

Its so hard to stay afloat and focused with this all around...Im trying not to get stressed. No I dont wanna shop in Dept stores its way easier to shop in one big frum neighborhood instead of ordering and returning a bunch of times but... Banging head

sky

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:49 pm
I love doing my shopping now.

Less crowds bec ppl are in the country.
Summer is slower schedule
Kids don’t have school or homework.

If I’m paying full price I don’t want to sift through what everyone else bought.

We went to one discount store bought what we needed.
Bought tights.
Bought shoes at peroquet.
I have my 5 five youngest done and o don’t have to beat the crowds.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:51 pm
Right!
Looks like they're giving away stuff for free!
Makes me wonder... will the stores will be closed after yo"t?

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:51 pm
Lol it’s all the stores. It’s artificial panic. They’re not running out of anything.
By the time I’m ready to shop on my own timeline they’ll all be plenty stocked. They’ll bringing things in at least until after succos.
This is a tactic playing on people needing have what everyone has and being afraid to be left behind.
I feel bad for them

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:58 pm
I have no idea. I’m ignoring everything and enjoying my summer. my summer actually began this week. Zara and H&M will have beautiful clothing for my kids when I need it. They can wear their long sleeved tops from springtime until then.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:02 pm
I literally got an anxiety attack seeing the lines out the doors of stores yesterday! People grabbing winter coats, wools, and velvets. I barely finished summer shopping..... I can't take this frenzy.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:04 pm
I get you your points.
But rosh hashana is in 30 days.

I work full time.

I’m going to be busy the days before rosh hashsna and succos cooking like crazy in between work and new schools.

The last thing I want is to shop then. Better now when life is calm.

I don’t do it leisurely over many days. We go to one store. They just got in their stuff so I know it’s one stop. The store was actually deserted. It was a pleasure. We Buy. We are Done.

For teachers it makes sense to shop now once school starts with lol the yomim tovim life will be crazy.

iammom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:07 pm
sky wrote:
I love doing my shopping now.

Less crowds bec ppl are in the country.
Summer is slower schedule
Kids don’t have school or homework.

If I’m paying full price I don’t want to sift through what everyone else bought.

We went to one discount store bought what we needed.
Bought tights.
Bought shoes at peroquet.
I have my 5 five youngest done and o don’t have to beat the crowds.

Regarding the shoes, how do you know what sizes to get? If you buy shoes for your kids now, how will it fit thru the winter season?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:09 pm
sky wrote:
I get you your points.

I work full time.

I’m going to be busy the days before rosh hashsna and succos cooking like crazy in between work and new schools.

I don’t do it leisurely over many days. We go to one store. They just got in their stuff so I know it’s one stop. The store was actually deserted. It was a pleasure. We Buy. We are Done.

For teachers it makes sense to shop now once school starts with lol the yomim tovim life will be crazy.

What store can you get all off your shopping done in? I would love to avoid running around from place to place.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:16 pm
Haha. My neighbor and I were just talking about this.

I’m waiting until maybe the next 2 weeks when things are hopefully more calm…and not so crazy. I hate the rush. Like come on now…it’s not even cold yet! Plus I’d love to avoid those long lines…if I stand too long my feet get swollen and my legs get blotchy at the end of the day and the next day I wake up with horrible cramps (thanks pregnancy!)
I’m the type to actually try on the clothing instead of ordering online.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:18 pm
iammom wrote:
Regarding the shoes, how do you know what sizes to get? If you buy shoes for your kids now, how will it fit thru the winter season?

If we need shoes we get the next size up so our kid can grow into them

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:22 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Haha. My neighbor and I were just talking about this.

I’m waiting until maybe the next 2 weeks when things are hopefully more calm…and not so crazy. I hate the rush. Like come on now…it’s not even cold yet! Plus I’d love to avoid those long lines…if I stand too long my feet get swollen and my legs get blotchy at the end of the day and the next day I wake up with horrible cramps (thanks pregnancy!)
I’m the type to actually try on the clothing instead of ordering online.

In 2 weeks, the lines and crowds will be even worse because people will be coming home from their bungalows. The stores will be crowded till after sukkos.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:23 pm
I already purchased school shoes for DD. I have no energy to wait 1 hour until im helped.

Dd tried on 20 pairs until she found the 1 she liked. The store was more than happy to help us, since it was quiet.

I purchase online for all my other kids.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:25 pm
People are bored!!!!!!

It will be hottttt on Rosh Hashana and Succos. No need to wear winter yet.

People need to learn to just relax!

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:25 pm
sky wrote:
I get you your points.

I work full time.

Very likely with the timing of Rosh Hashanah this year that only crazy parents will be dressing their kids in wool and velvet

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:27 pm
Stars wrote:
I have no idea. I’m ignoring everything and enjoying my summer. my summer actually began this week. Zara and H&M will have beautiful clothing for my kids when I need it. They can wear their long sleeved tops from springtime until then.

Yeah RIP those days when I could get away with zara and H&M

sky

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
What store can you get all off your shopping done in? I would love to avoid running around from place to place.

In lkwd I go to sage. My oldest dd still fits in their stuff and nothing was over 50.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:28 pm
iammom wrote:

If they have a growth spurt it can be at any time…
School shoes I buy on line.

How close to yom tov or after do you buy to prevent that from happening. I never figure that out.
I can’t deal with crowded shoe stores ever.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:28 pm
I moved out of the tri-state area and I’m glad I did for the reason!

The funniest part is that it gets colder here much earlier then there and people are in rush to say goodbye to summer.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:31 pm
The good shoe stores know the shoes need to fit thru the winter unless ur kid has a huge growth spurt. And yes I’m guilty of looking for shabbos clothing for my kids now - true there will always be clothing leftover. But if there’s a specific fit and style I’m looking for I need to get it once I see it cuz it’ll be harder to find later. I know ppl who didn’t buy till last minute and they had to buy whatever shabbos outfit was there and they didn’t necessarily like what they bought. Plus if u want specifically to match ur kids then u need to buy now if you don’t care abt that then less pressure. I used to buy from Zara but their quality has gone down so bad and prices are up. Also I personally don’t fall for the whole drop 1 drop 2 drop 3 etc it’s a whole marketing thing
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics