Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby started being cross eyed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:21 pm
please help!
my beautiful baby is almost 7 months
she randomly started going a bit cross eyed

im not home to call her doctor as Im away and dont have calling

it doesnt happen all the time bh.
her left eye is a bit wonky
sometimes if shes focused on me her left eye will lag a bit behind but ill snap my fingers and she'll refocus...

it really only started happening in the past few weeks but ive noticed it more now

is this normal? im really worried

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:31 pm
If this looks new, I would definitely get it evaluated. If there is something to address, it is much more successful the sooner it is treated especially with little ones. Try not to worry. There can be lots of things that are not uncommon or dangerous and treated without anything invasive that could be causing that--and if there's a "lazy eye" issue, earlier treatment to strengthen the weak eye (often patches) is much more successful.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:33 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
If this looks new, I would definitely get it evaluated. If there is something to address, it is much more successful the sooner it is treated especially with little ones. Try not to worry. There can be lots of things that are not uncommon or dangerous and treated without anything invasive that could be causing that--and if there's a "lazy eye" issue, earlier treatment to strengthen the weak eye (often patches) is much more successful.

we wont be home for another 3 weeks

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:41 pm
Has she recently had any vaccines?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
we wont be home for another 3 weeks

I think it may be prudent to try to get a medical consult on this sooner to rule out anything that should be addressed more quickly. It likely isn't heaven forbid anything like that, but I think it would be good to feel more confident of that and it would also give you peace of mind until you're back home.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
Has she recently had any vaccines?

by her 6 months checkup
I didnt want to vaccinate but need to for school.
sore topic

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:46 pm
Especially if it is a new development, it really should be checked out. Is there no way you could borrow someone else's phone or even landline to call your doctor in the UK?
Alternatively, do you have a traveller's health insurance for where you are now?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
by her 6 months checkup
I didnt want to vaccinate but need to for school.
sore topic
Sorry you were pressured Sad Obviously I can’t tell you for sure what it is, but there’s a fair amount of evidence regarding strabismus and optic nerve dysfunction following vaccination. It may be reversible.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
Sorry you were pressured Sad Obviously I can’t tell you for sure what it is, but there’s a fair amount of evidence regarding strabismus and optic nerve dysfunction following vaccination. It may be reversible.

more like forced
im beating myself up now over this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics