Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 28  29  30  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 03 2021, 1:48 am
small bean wrote:
Last year school started a couple of days late. I assume it will be the same this year.

My sister told me there was talk about starting late but her girls school did not. This year if they start late they might as well start after Sukkous.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard 80 girls don’t have a high school. What’s gonna be? Is school gonna start on time?

Is it only 80? Every were I go I hear of more and more girls that are still waiting.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:01 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Of course school will start on time, it has been many years-the year every one still talks about-that schools did not start on time.

I am assuming that by after Sukkous there will still be some girls not a lot, but some that still don't have a school.

School was delayed for 3 days or so last year.

small bean

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:23 pm
My sister told me there was talk about starting late but her girls school did not. This year if they start late they might as well start after Sukkous.

They all started late. One school started aftwr 2 or 3 days, so they all did.

small bean

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 5:23 pm
Is it only 80? Every were I go I hear of more and more girls that are still waiting.

It is 80 per the vaad

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:55 am
small bean wrote:
It is 80 per the vaad

How do you get in touch with the Vaad? I have an e-mail address, I have e-mailed them a few times without an answer, now I am wondering if my DD is even counted in the 80 girls.

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 8:42 am
You can call rabbi tress or rabbi rosen.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:02 am
small bean wrote:
You can call rabbi tress or rabbi rosen.

Thank you, however I have no idea how these people are and there is 17 Tress & 13 Rosen in the Cheader Book

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:06 am
(732) 236-4333
Rabbi Rosen
Good luck getting through to him!

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:25 am
Rabbi Rosen I called the house in the evenings and always got thru (732) 905-1854

Rabbi Tress house number +1 732-370-4030. I have his cell if you pm I'll give it to you. He eventually answers. I called again and again

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 10:36 pm
Who are the principals at Bais Shaindel and Oros?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:42 pm
If a new school would open tomorrow, would any of these 80 parents send there? Or are they all holding out to get into one specific school?

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Who are the principals at Bais Shaindel and Oros?

Bais shaindel is mrs miller

Oros is mrs epstein

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:44 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
If a new school would open tomorrow, would any of these 80 parents send there? Or are they all holding out to get into one specific school?

I can't talk for everyone but I would not.

I don't want a new school for my daughter.

I have a 7th grader and I wouldn't mind for her.

keym

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:50 pm
small bean wrote:
I can't talk for everyone but I would not.

I don't want a new school for my daughter.

I have a 7th grader and I wouldn't mind for her.

But there is a difference between "holding out for one specific impossible to get into school" and "not wanting your kid in a brand new school".

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 11:50 pm
So it's basically 80 families holding out for the 'best' schools? Or is it more complicated than that?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:14 am
Uh, absolutely not! I can't speak for all but most of these 80 families are waiting for ANY school. There's no room. My daughter's best friend is miserable. I'm shaking for her, so scared she shouldn't fall off the edge from her pain. She's a typical wonderful bais Yaakov girl.

small bean

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:14 am
keym wrote:
But there is a difference between "holding out for one specific impossible to get into school" and "not wanting your kid in a brand new school".

I agree. I'm not stuck on a speciifc school. I never was. I just don't wwnt a brand new school.

small bean

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:16 am
So it's basically 80 families holding out for the 'best' schools? Or is it more complicated than that?

Much more complicated. Most will take any eatablished school. These are girls who didn't get in anywhere to beginwith.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:43 am

The reason why I would not want to send to a new school is because I have younger DD's and I know of a few people who send to a new school and it did not work out and then were stuck with their next DD.

I am I the only person who is hoping that schools don't start until after Sukous because it would be much more easier for me?

What is the best school? Myself and two of my neighbors all want our girls to go to a school that we think is the "best" but they are 3 different schools, I don't think there is just one school that everyone wants to go to.
Page 16 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 15  16  17 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries