Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I did a mitzva for the sake of the reward and I feel like im

zoom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:44 pm
cheating.

I did a mitzva that iv never done before for the sake of doing this big mitzva, and I feel sort of like im doing it for the wrong reason.

It wasnt hard for me at all, and I feel proud of myself but I also feel like im taking the easy way out and I feel selfish.

Motherhood

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:46 pm
1. We don’t know how big is each mitzvah we do
איני יודע מתן שכרן של מצות
2. מתוך שלא לשמה בא לשמה
You get schar either way

zoom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 6:50 pm
right , I know its considered a big mitzva but it was very very easy for me so I feel like I cheated.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 8:48 am
Don’t worry. The KBH knows all. He’ll decide whether you deserve a reward or not, and if yes, how much. No need to be His bookkeeper.

self-actualization

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 8:59 am
I was taught that it’s good to run with the area that you excel in.

For example, if one rabbi is good at Halacha and another at Hashkafa, they should run with the subject they are good at. Not to study the other subject and dilute their skill across the board.

It’s like US colleges want everyone to have a “broad” education while European and Israeli colleges are okay with a specialized education.

I personally do a chessed and find it easy because I like the person that I am working with. I tried to do a different chessed and found it to be dull and not meaningful (it was packing boxes). But there are many women at the box packing place that love it and find it very meaningful.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:13 am
Most organizations know the importance of recognizing donors and volunteers so even though people are giving for the mitzvah, organizations realize that if they want to keep people coming, they need to show appreciation.

imasinger

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 9:18 am
That's wonderful!

The fact that it was easy smooths the path for potential repetition.

Enjoy, and maybe consider paying it forward somehow, sometime, by making a mitzvah easy for someone else to do

zoom

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 4:14 pm
Thank you very much for replying.

Yes, will definitely do it again.

and yes the organisation were very grateful, but for me at the time, did not feel a big thing at all.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 7:42 pm
zoom wrote:
cheating.

I did a mitzva that iv never done before for the sake of doing this big mitzva, and I feel sort of like im doing it for the wrong reason.

It wasnt hard for me at all, and I feel proud of myself but I also feel like im taking the easy way out and I feel selfish.

I don't get this. Did you do the mitzvah for the sake of doing the mitzvah and you feel happy? Gevaldig!
You did it for the reward? Did you get the reward already? If not, why is this different from any other mitzvah? I guess I have to read the rest of thread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics