Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I need help losing weight… update
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:01 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Weight Watchers is guaranteed to work. Of course, you can't cheat on it. Health insurance often pays for it - ask your plan if it's covered.

What’s the guarantee? It failed for me a few times and for my friends that went too.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Iyh I’m going to try.

But I hate tuna, most fish, love sugar, love cake, and only eat “eggs” if it’s 90% dairy…

So, I’m not sure how that’s going to work.

You can have dairy, all proteins, find the ones you like, eat salads every day, eat the fats, avocado is very filling and a great healthy fat, you’ll see after a couple of days of doing this and cutting out the sugar and carbs, you won’t crave it any more! I also was a big nosher, love cake and junk food and I can’t believe I was able to cut it out and not crave. I was a failure at every other diet I tried—I’d lose some weight on those and then gain it back because I was always hungry and felt deprived. This one is so different and amazing.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
That’s not sustainable long term or doable for most people especially if you’re prone to cravings and a lack of self control with food which is my situation so this isn’t a realistic plan for most people.

I know. It's just temporary until the weight comes off. Once I start maintaining, I'll be able to eat much more.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
What’s the guarantee? It failed for me a few times and for my friends that went too.

did you follow it correctly? go to meetings? weigh in?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:48 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
did you follow it correctly? go to meetings? weigh in?

Yes for sure. Like I said I lost some weight in the beginning but very little and I was always hungry and craving and feeling deprived. It wasn’t sustainable for me and lots of people I know.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 10:18 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:

If you stick with it, it’s guaranteed to make you loose weight.
If you didn’t stick with it then of course it won’t work. I never heard of anyone sticking with it and not loosing. I’ve been a weight watchers member for 19 years. Sometimes after a significant amount is lost then it’s very hard to loose the last few pounds. It’s not hard to loose the bulk of the extra weight if you completely follow the plan.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 10:50 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
If you didn’t stick with it then of course it won’t work. I never heard of anyone sticking with it and not loosing. I’ve been a weight watchers member for 19 years. Sometimes after a significant amount is lost then it’s very hard to loose the last few pounds. It’s not hard to loose the bulk of the extra weight if you completely follow the plan.

I’m curious, if it works, why are you in it for so long?

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:05 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I’m curious, if it works, why are you in it for so long?

Because it works!
As soon as I don’t follow, I gain because I overeat. When I follow weight watchers the weight gain stops immediately. Weight watchers is not a diet. It’s a healthy way of eating.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:10 pm
Because it works!
As soon as I don’t follow, I gain because I overeat. When I follow weight watchers the weight gain stops immediately. Weight watchers is not a diet. It’s a healthy way of eating.

Interesting. You clearly have a lot of motivation. If I had to belong to something to be successful I’m not sure I would be lol.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:12 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Interesting. You clearly have a lot of motivation. If I had to belong to something to be successful I’m not sure I would be lol.

I don’t exactly belong. I follow the plan.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:19 pm
I don’t exactly belong. I follow the plan.

I misunderstood. Thought you said you were a member for 19 years. In any case, shkoyach because clearly it works for you!

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 3:16 am
op im like you in the sense that I was always losing weight after I gave birth and after I had more kids, it was harder to lose...

so I think you have to first acknowledge that now that you bh had 3 kids, you may have to work "differently" now and your body is not going to just effortlessly lose weight...

its smart that you want a list of healthy foods to eat and not just a diet....and ppl here listed some ideas of healthy foods, but you must ackniwledge that you may still have cravings for carb/sugary things for some time as it takes some time for your body to adjust

I will suggest keeping healthy snacks available such as nuts/baby carrots/apple slices/bananas/sliced peppers etc that you can munch on whenever you have cravings for cake /sugar/carbs. this can help your body get used to healthy snacks and reduce the bad cravings but its hard to make the switch and it can take time

hatzlacha

lamplighter

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 6:50 am
andrea levy wrote:

As long as she keeps doing it, it works. Same as your dieting/lifestyle change.
Or anyone's.

So long as you keep at your program it works, when you stop the weight comes back on. That's why the most important thing is to lose weight in a way you are ok with sticking to forever.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 7:05 am
lamplighter wrote:
As long as she keeps doing it, it works. Same as your dieting/lifestyle change.
Or anyone's.

So long as you keep at your program it works, when you stop the weight comes back on. That's why the most important thing is to lose weight in a way you are ok with sticking to forever.

That’s true. That’s why I’m looking for lifestyle changes I can implement.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 7:34 am
Ok Day 1- broke my fast at 11 with a peice of cheese and tomatoes.

Went out for lunch at 12 and ordered a tuna steak and vegetables.

This diet is expensive.

dena613

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 12:00 pm
It would be less expensive if you made the food your self instead of going out to eat.
Hatzlacha!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 12:38 pm
dena613 wrote:
It would be less expensive if you made the food your self instead of going out to eat.
Hatzlacha!!!

Well, obviously. But I wanted to start it off on a good note.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 3:10 pm

What you are not understanding is that not everyone can withstand the hunger and feeling of deprivation on that plan which is what I and my friends experienced and we tried it several times, and each time lost some weight in the beginning and then couldn’t sustain it because it was too inconvenient (counting etc) and too restrictive and left us always hungry and craving.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 6:22 am
Just wanted to update-

I’m fasting every night from 8 till around 12 the next day. I’ve been carefully watching my carb intake. I don’t wash all week. (That means if the family gets pics I can only eat one slice.) Every lunch is either fish and potatoes or an very cheesy vegetable “omelette” with a few crackers. Dinner is a protein and side.

Snacks are fruits, salads or a few pretzels.

Lots of water. One or no coffee.

1 small treat a day

I AM hungry- especially when I fast but I feel good. I started this on Aug 5th at 161 pounds, and now I’m 159.8. May it go from there.

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 7:37 am
yay you!

iyh by me!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise