Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Newborn gets hiccups after every feeding

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 8:52 pm
8 week old, after burping after every single feeding she gets hiccups. Lasts for a few minutes. Goes away till the next feeding. She's so uncomfortable and cries till she stops.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:08 pm
I know that when my son was a baby, he would also get hiccups, but not after every feeding. My son had reflux and I was told the hiccups could be related to that. But after every feeding sounds a little much... It could be it's nothing, could be reflux etc. Have you asked the dr about it?

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 9:19 pm
Look for tongue tie and possibly high palate, these have been associated with reflux and vagus nerve dysfunction, and vagus nerve dysfunction has been associated with excessive hiccuping. A good craniosacral therapist can help with all of the above.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
I know that when my son was a baby, he would also get hiccups, but not after every feeding. My son had reflux and I was told the hiccups could be related to that. But after every feeding sounds a little much... It could be it's nothing, could be reflux etc. Have you asked the dr about it?

She actually had her first well visit this week. But she wasn't hiccuping so I completely forgot about it.

Optione

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 10:14 pm
It could be that the way she latches on to you/ the bottle allows for air to get in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics