Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hitting milestones too early

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:33 am
Baby was an early and very good crawler before 5m but suddenly at not even 7m old is trying to stand and then starts crying when standing.

I was worried about rigidity but doesn't seem rigid to me. It's too early for this. What do you guys think. My pediatrician would just pooh pooh this, I'm thinking if anything to see a chiropractor (I did at 6wk already) or other body worker.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:37 am
I dont think 7 months is considered too early for standing. It might be on the earlier side but all milestones have a range of when they can occur and as long as its on the spectrum its normal.

hodeez

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:37 am
His mind is developing faster than his body, but I don't see an issue here.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:38 am
It is early, but still in a range of normal to be doing these things at these ages. Baby is probably crying because he/she can't get down yet.

imaima

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:39 am
It's normal

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:39 am
It's still normal range and the baby didn't skip crawling. Sounds fine.

lfab

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:42 am
I've never heard that hitting milestones "too early" is a problem. It's difficult for the parents since baby is doing stuff and able to get into more things before they are able to understand what's ok and what's not. I've had some of my kids crawl as early as 5 months, pull to stand by 6 1/2-7 months and walking by 9-9 1/2 months. Those save kids are so more active/athletic then my others who hit milestones at the more expected ages.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:50 am
My baby pulled to stand before seven months and didn't cry. I'm not sure if related, but unintentionally, I would previously play a game where I would say "up" while holding her hands and she pulled to stand on my belly, and then "down" and she plopped down on my belly. This may have prepped her for sitting after standing so when she pulled up on her own she wasn't scared to plop. Why don't you try playing that and see if it helps after a few days?

ETA I was laying down during this game

dankbar

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:58 am
Thank HASHEM for your gifted child. It might be too fast for you, to see your baby growing up before you are ready, but embrace it graciously.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 6:13 am
It's not my first kid, the others are super active and were wild toddlers but just walked later. I was just worried bc it seems too early for my kid.

imasinger

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 6:16 am
I think it's fine.

He may be crying if he hasn't quite figured out how to get down after pulling up. You can teach him this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics