Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When your boss says you can't
Previous  1  2

imaima

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Go on vacation...

I would love a break between summer and school. I work in a school but one that runs 12 months and I asked my boss for a few days off in the summer and she said no.

Two of my husband's chavrusas are upstate for a week and we wanted to join that week but now that she said no... we are staying home.

She said take a vacation in the winter. But winters far away and we would love a break.

We go away for shabbosim and I don't work Sundays so that's good but still....

Anyone feel me?

of course we feel you.
Not only is she a jerk, she is also not smart. Who needs a burnt out employee at the beginning of the school year?

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:05 pm
One of my bosses never ever let me take off. Even when I got married, he gave me a very hard time. It was a small business and I was basically running the place. After not taking off for 3 years, I wanted to go on vacation during Shana rishona and I just told me boss that I'll be taking off. I didn't ask, I said I'm going. I knew he won't fire me because he relied on my too much.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:09 pm
Your boss is taking advantage of you, and you are allowing it. You have days off to use and she's telling you you're not entitled to use them? Sorry not sorry, as long as you followed whatever rule (I.e. 2 weeks notice for days off) you should go.

ETS: I understand the desire not to tick off the boss, but if this is the kind of person she is, trust me in the long run it's better to stand your ground now. This won't be the last time she will try to abuse your working relationship. Be polite but firm, and take the vacation you have earned.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
op I can totally understand how you feel that you dont want to have a bad relationship with your boss...

I can also understand how it feels when it feels like everyonelse is on vacation and you cant take off....ive experienced this as well

I also understand how it is not to be paid overtime and then be unappreciated and that your boss is being harsh...my boss doesnt pay me overtime and also says no, so although I dont take vacation and miss out, at times, ill take a day and will not ask in advance bec I know theyll say no...here, you couldve said im taking x days as per the director

at the same time you are stuck bec you still need to work with your boss daily

I work with NONYEHUDIM and I personally have no respect for these bosses who dont appreciate your hard work/act harsh and deny you your vacation days even when the director said yes, and take advantage and dont pay overtime(then they should not make us work overtime but they know we will be quiet bec we need the job)

most bosses are disgusting and inhumane...
im sorry...
uh huh because only the non jews take advantage of ppl ha I got news for you I used to work in a frum daycare chasidish place in wiliamsburgh worked there for 4 years they owe me so much money took such advantage of me you have no idea they told me they would take in my kids never did never paid me right amount among other things so yeah dont say that its not true Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:52 pm
You have 4 days that are owed to you by September so just tell her clearly that your husband scheduled it and you will be taking off.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:25 pm
Or you can say you were exposed to Covid....

Hiding

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:26 pm
I dont get it. You have days off, just go.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Or you can say you were exposed to Covid....

Hiding

Last year I worked in school administration and was furious that teachers every second got a paid 14 day quarantine. Yet somehow I was never "exposed" (boy was I tempted)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics