Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do all mothers really think their kids are so cute/good loo?
Previous  1  2

4g01o

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 6:07 pm
One of my niece's looks like a porcelain doll, something else stunning knH. My dd is average ish looking but I think she's really beautiful knh especially next to others so compared with this niece, she's average. But my daughter is gorgeous looking in my opinion, her face, hair etc. My dh thinks she's average.

My son's all look completely different, one needs braces desperately but has to wait until all his adult teeth have come in. One is really handsome knh. They all look cute in my opinion but nothing out of the ordinary.

#Happymom

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 6:26 pm
I have two gorgeous girls and yes I really think they are adorable and pretty. And I get stopped the whole time on the street by random people to say how cute they are:)Smile jews and non jews

OBnursemom

Post Sat, Aug 07 2021, 11:48 pm
I think my kids are adorable/cute/sweet/handsome. I don’t expect anyone else to care besides their grandparents.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:50 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Oh, I think we all get those comments regardless if our kids are gorgeous or not. Especially when in non jewish areas or on trips & department stores. Some people comment on every baby they see.

This. It's like "every bride is beautiful." A social formula that people may or may not believe but they say it because that's what they're expected to say. But I think most parents think their kids are incredibly cute,smart, and talented whether they say so or not. Some parents prefer not to gush over their kids for fear of ayin hara. Most tiny kids, like most tiny animals, ARE incredibly cute if not necessarily smart or talented, at least when they're freshly bathed and combed and acting cuddly. When they get a little older they hit an awkward stage at which they lose some of that cuteness. They may still be lovable but they tend not to stay "You oughtta be in pictures" adorable.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:58 pm
BTW, cute and good-looking are not the same. All children are cute even if their features are a mess. Well, once their faces smooth out and they start to look like human beings, not science experiments. It takes a few weeks for this to happen. They're cute the way a miniature anything is cute. Remember "trolls" from the sixties? They were ugly. Cabbage patch dolls? Meeskeits, every one. yet both playthings were considered the height of cuteness in their day.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics