Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Filling breakfasts on the go

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:22 am
I’m a teacher. I have a hard time eating in the morning, but I definitely need my energy. What I’ve learned to do is take something with me and snack on it as I drive to work, park, etc. I used to do whole wheat waffles bc they’re yummy, filling, and easy to eat on the go but they’re fattening! Two tbsp oil for two waffles!

So I’m looking for new ideas. I’m not a health nut, I don’t need anything crazy. I would even do a muffin… but I need something that’s not fattening and won’t affect me weight wise if I eat every day. Any ideas? I can’t cook in the morning (when I did waffles I made the batter on sun and threw some in the waffle maker in the morn).

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:23 am
Larabars. They're nice and energizing, they taste great, and you don't have to bake them.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:43 am
Do you like eggs? You can make mini-baked omelettes in muffin tins ahead of time then either refrigerate or freeze & rewarm in the morning.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
Larabars. They're nice and energizing, they taste great, and you don't have to bake them.

Are they OUd? And filling for a few hours?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:48 am
challahchallah wrote:
Do you like eggs? You can make mini-baked omelettes in muffin tins ahead of time then either refrigerate or freeze & rewarm in the morning.

I don’t have a microwave

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 1:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are they OUd? And filling for a few hours?

No, totally pareve Smile My kids roll their eyes at my larabar habit.

They're basically dates with nuts and other fruits. You can try it and see how long they fill you for. I once heard that in the time of the Gemara, workers would eat a cake of smashed-together dates for lunch to give them energy for the entire day.

Pink Flamingo

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 3:32 pm
I'm not a teacher but a school-based therapist, and I also find that I really need a filling breakfast to get through the day. I find the most filling ones are:

Greek yogurt with granola and a fruit (you can make your own granola so its healthier)
Overnight oats
Whole wheat sandwich

And of course a coffee to go with it Smile

I've tried muffins but never found them filling

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m a teacher. I have a hard time eating in the morning, but I definitely need my energy. What I’ve learned to do is take something with me and snack on it as I drive to work, park, etc. I used to do whole wheat waffles bc they’re yummy, filling, and easy to eat on the go but they’re fattening! Two tbsp oil for two waffles!

So I’m looking for new ideas. I’m not a health nut, I don’t need anything crazy. I would even do a muffin… but I need something that’s not fattening and won’t affect me weight wise if I eat every day. Any ideas? I can’t cook in the morning (when I did waffles I made the batter on sun and threw some in the waffle maker in the morn).

I think fat is good in the morning. Really breakfast is not the meal where you need to cut fat.

scintilla

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t have a microwave
I used to eat these cold, straight from the fridge, on my way to work when I taught; I put cream cheese to make it a better texture and added sauteed vegetables, it was always delicious and very filling. Cheese would make it even more filling.

Beyla

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 3:54 pm
You can fill yogourt cups with muesli or granola and add whatever you like : banana, berries, chocolate chips. It’s very easy to make and to eat (all in 1 cup, you only need a spoon) and filling.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 3:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Cottage cheese or yogurt with fresh fruit, eggs on toast, tuna on bread or with veggies, salad with hard boiled egg, grilled cheese, avocado toast.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:05 pm
Thanks everyone! Lots of good ideas.
Not going to do the bread ones though because I don’t have time to wash sit and bench.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics