Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can't function without carbs!
Previous  1  2

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
PCOS diet doesn't mean no carbs, it means either low carb or low glycemic index diet.

I don't believe in black and white... Everyone's body reacts differently to different diets.

Even keto isn't no carbs.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update: breakfast happened and I'm already grumpy Sad

How long have you been eating like this? It’s normal to feel grumpy in the beginning. As long as you know that it will pass soon then you should continue. But if this is persistent and going on for a while, maybe low carb is not for you or you may need to supplement , like take magnesium etc.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 2:20 pm
Maybe you need some carbs at night. If you aren't having them earlier in the day, I can see why you are hungry. Brown rice, sweet potatoes - have carbs. So do cabbage and apples and pepper.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have PCOS and am finally getting serious about cutting out carbs and sugar. The problem is that I can't feel full without carbs. If I eat just a protein and salad for dinner, I won't be satisfied unless there's some starch involved. I also get really stressed about what to eat, hangry, and can almost feel myself spiraling into an ED. What do I do?

That’s all in your mind. I also love carbs but I’ve been doing low carb, high protein for close to a year and never looked back! I lost almost 70 lbs and it is the absolute best food plan ever for cutting hunger and cravings. The first few days are hard but then once you’re in ketosis it’s a lifesaver after that. I’m totally full. The carbs and sugar are what make you more hungry. High protein is known to cut appetite and I’m living proof. Give it some time and you’ll be thrilled.

amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
What diet are you following?

I'd just like to say that not everyone's body is designed to react the same way to a diet... You may find you need healthier carbs (like PinkFridge mentioned) in your diet than cutting them out completely.

Carbs aren't necessarily bad just like fat isn't necessarily bad. You just have to be choosing the right carbs and the right fats, and make sure you are eating in moderation and have a well rounded diet getting your macros etc.

My doctor told me studies have shown the best diets are very low carbs and any carbs even brown, are what promote weight gain and hunger,

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I know this is helpful for PCOS but what about healthier carbs - brown rice, whole grains, fruit?

Even brown carbs are known to increase appetite and cravings.

amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
You need to add healthy fats
Use good quality olive oil
Look up fat bombs and have one after every meal. Thinks like cheesecake mini muffins, or chocolate made from coconut oil
You can add avocado IN MODERATION
There are mousses you can make with avocado, chocolate, key lime.
Make sure you use one of the “healthier” sweetners, nothing with dextrose or maltodextrin
READ INGREDIENTS

IN THE BEGINNING don’t worry about calories
When yo get into ketosis you can start cutting back on the fat

Consider taking some Metformin if your doctor suggest it

Don’t skimp on salt - it’s Neccesary
Usually the fatigue comes from 2 reasons
1. Not enough fat
2. Low in electrolytes- sodium, potassium,
magnesium

I disagree with limiting avocado. I eat as much of it as I want every day. Also, fat bombs don’t have to be for every meal. Too much off that healthy fat isn’t good either for weight loss. No need to start with medication before trying this food plan on its own. If I can do it, anyone can. I failed at every single other diet. I’d lose and then get hungry and start eating again and gain back. This high protein, low carb is the best thing ever and the only plan I’m able to stay on and feel satisfied.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:24 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Even keto isn't no carbs.

Meaning no carbs such as bread, pasta, rice, potato…

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Meaning no carbs such as bread, pasta, rice, potato…

No carb-heavy foods. Which is I agree is the right way for most women with PCOS (and many without) to go, because high glycemic index or high glycemic load can trigger symptoms including cravings.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 3:24 am
My DD has PCOS, and she just got diagnosed with celiac as well.

She eats carbs, but she's 100% gluten free, super strict about it. It's completely changed her life for the better. The way she feels now, you couldn't pay her enough to eat something with gluten in it - and this is a kid who loves her snacks!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 6:43 am
Buckwheat isnt low carb, but it's supposed to be good for PCOS and is a good carb.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:07 am
Check out the fast metabolism diet. I am the same l like you, I just need my carbs. I did keto too but couldn't imagine living like that forever. I'm so grateful to Hashem for having discovered this. I'm BH losing weight, am not hangry, and can have my carbs.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 9:08 am
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
Why do carbs get such a bad reputation?
We need glucose to make ATP for energy!
For my nutritional needs, eating only meat and vegetables does not work so well.

Just choose the right carbs for you! Preferably, the wholesome ones that fill you up and provide you with nutrients!

There are so many healthy and nutritious carbs out there!

Barley. Oats. whole grain brown rice,
Potatoes, sweet potatoes.

I have lost weight by eating these amazing carbs! Yes, you can eat carbs!
Just Balance your meals, eat all of your food groups and pay attention to which carbs make you feel your best.

We don’t need to eat carbs for glucose. Gluconeogenesis,
The human body can be fueled in more than one way and some Of us run better on fat /protein than carbs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise