Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do I need full size stroller
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:43 pm
I bought the uppababy vista for my oldest and used it now for my third baby and looks brand new. Thought was a bit excessive then but now that have it and didn’t have to go out and get a bassinet or a stroller it makes a lot of sense. Plus now they come now that folds when seat is attached and stands upright. I think it’s a worthwhile investment

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 6:53 pm
3rd vote for the bugaboo bee.
You’ll only need one stroller for the house, for walks and for the car.
You can get a car seat and get the attachments so it snaps into the base. There is also a bassinet you buy separately...
it’s the only thing you’ll need

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:07 pm
Thank you all for all your suggestions and advice! I think you're right, I need to go to a stroller store and check out all my options...

Based on popular advice here I'll probably look into the smaller full size strollers, one I can use a carseat with if needed

One poster mentioned that eventually everyone also buys a lightweight stroller, is that true? Why?

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:12 pm
As a mom, I've found, as painful as it is to spend the money, you really need multiple strollers as time goes on.
You want a good sturdy full size stroller, a donation, or infant seat and a base to snap on- most full size strollers have the option to get an adapter for an infant seat, and as the baby gets older, an umbrella stroller, for easy in and out of the car.
In my experience, if you want to get one that will best carry you through the stages, and is easier in and out of the car too- I would say the Uppababy Cruz is the best mid size option.
I have the Bugaboo Chameleon- which literally lasts forever, and the Bugaboo Donkey as a double. They are not ideal for in and out of the car though.
As a single car stroller, I have the Uppababy Minu, and as a double travel stroller, I have the City Mini.
It's hard to find one stroller that fits all. And the push makes a huge difference in your life!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 08 2021, 7:16 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Thank you all for all your suggestions and advice! I think you're right, I need to go to a stroller store and check out all my options...

Based on popular advice here I'll probably look into the smaller full size strollers, one I can use a carseat with if needed

One poster mentioned that eventually everyone also buys a lightweight stroller, is that true? Why?[/quote][b]

Usually true. I’m on my 3rd kid and still only have the bee and never had a travel stroller but I totally see why people have it.
-when you’re traveling with a big family and you have loads of luggage you want something that takes up a tiny amount of space in your trunk
- it’s easiest to have something you keep in your trunk so that when you’re running out to a shoe store and it’s closing in half and hr you don’t have to start getting ur stroller, unloading the days snacks from the basket and folding it and putting it in the car ..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics