Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which color for a gel manicure?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 10:45 pm
I'd like to get my nails done for a family wedding - I haven't had a manicure in years, and I've never had a gel manicure. I'm a pretty plain person - I don't like to be showy or too noticeable. What color do you recommend that I get - which will look nice/elegant, but still not too out of place when it's still on 2 weeks later? I want to get gel, so I can get it a few days ahead of the wedding and don't have to worry about it chipping too fast.
Ideally, I don't want to get a color that will be impossible to tell what is polish and what is real nail when removing/checking for mikvah.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 11:21 pm
How about a light pink? Make sure it's opaque and not sheer so you'll be able to see where the polish is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 7:25 am
Do you have a specific color name in mind? If not, how do I ensure that it's opaque and not sheer?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 10:02 am
Not all the salons use the same brands so it's hard to say a specific color but you can ask them - they should be able to tell you if it's sheer or opaque.

This one looks good though https://www.essie.com/nail-pol.....-show

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 10:11 am
I love a nude, like a light peach. But if you're doing gel, you'll need to get it removed at the salon. Won't be an issue for mikvah (because the salon removes it completely).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics