Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
THE OFFICIAL WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION POST
Previous  1  2  3

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 3:11 pm
Jewish Mother wrote:
BennysMommy wrote:

current weight - 135lbs
amount want to lose - 20lbs
ideal weight you want to be -realistic- 125lbs

you only have 10 to lose bennysmommy - 135 less 10 is 125 LOL

Right but I would really love to loose 20!

baba

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 3:24 pm
yentaof8 wrote:
Congratulations to all those already losing - G-d willing I will join and post my numbers - Just 1 question to all those who are cutting out sugar, does that include fruit. As I'm deciding which plan to follow - I thought I'd try fit for life- but that means fruit in the morning. Can someone please advise.

My dieticien told me I can have 1, max 2 fruits a day, but I really cant have sugar. Basically, just dont have a whole bowl of grapes, but something small is fine. If you then still want a snack, have some veggies in stead.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 7:08 pm
1 fruit a day? thats nothing! whats wrong with apples, blueberries, oranges, and pears? they are full of healthy stuff!!! whos your dietician?!?

JewishMother18

Post Mon, Dec 31 2007, 1:26 am
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
1 fruit a day? thats nothing! whats wrong with apples, blueberries, oranges, and pears? they are full of healthy stuff!!! whos your dietician?!?

any all of them can cause sugar cravings too!

You have to find out what works for your body and will satisfy you with just eating one.

That's the whole philosophy behind SBD which is why they cut all the fruit and bad carbs out for the first two weeks so that firstly you get rid of cravings and secondly when you start to reintroduce them you know what works and what doesn't for you personally. I have heard from lots of people that apples can have that affect but the strange thing is it often depends on when in the day or what they are eaten with.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 10:24 am
BennysMommy wrote:
height - 5'2 1/2" (that half really counts!!)

age - 23

highest weight- 138lbs not preg. 165lbs preg

current weight - 135lbs

amount want to lose - 20lbs

ideal weight you want to be -realistic- 125lbs

mini goal - 128lbs by Pesach

diet you're on - eating healthier with more lean protein, no noshing 'cept fruits and veggies

exercise - Walking on all errands while pushing stroller. If no errands walk at least 30 minutes/day. Looking for a gym to join. Would love to join an aerobics class.

I'm changing my goal. It's not about the weight. It's to be able to fit into a bathing suit and be comfortable wearing it in a month from now. (it's the middle of the summer here) I just tried on some bathing suits and was so depressed. I'll let you know how it goes!

JewishMother18

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 5:09 am
height - 5'7"
age - 43
highest weight (after Pesach this year) - 280lb
weight last week - 252lb
weight this week - 250lb
total loss - 30lb
amount want to lose - to much to even think about!
ideal weight you want to be -realistic- 175lb
mini goal - 230lb by Pesach
diet you're on - SBD
exercize - 45 min walking every day - never miss
other - considering lapband surgery - I have a very very slow metabolism and weight just doesn't shift very quickly

baba

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 5:36 am
sleepless-n-ny wrote:

Sorry, just saw this now. I have PCOS and cant take the sugar, fruit is full of it. So she said I can have one to two fruits, just have to be careful and not pig out on a full bowl of grapes, cause it's just fruit.

Newsie

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 5:52 am
I'm signing up

Height: 5"4
Weight- 157
Highest weight ever- see above...
Short Term goal- 137
Long Term goal- 127
Diet- South Beach Phase Two (I'm nursing)
Exercise- power walking three times a week, ideally an exercise DVD or two a week

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 10:22 pm
Did any of you manage to lose the weight and keep it up the last 15 years, if yes, what kind of diet did you go on?

etky

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 3:04 am
So, I wasn't on imamother back then and this is the first time I'm seeing this thread.
I lost 70 lb on WW 17 years ago and b"h have kept most of it off.
I eat everything but count my points and I do lots of exercise. That's all there is to it, for me.
It's a way of life, not a diet.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:41 am
Height 5 feet
Highest weight-205
Goal-130
Current weight-170.5
I did the sleeve 7.5 weeks ago! Which is a total diet I still have to watch what I eat and do excersize…I did it after dieting constantly for years and finally bh the weight is budging

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:43 am
Let’s start this again!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Let’s start this again!
it might be best to start a new thread. Some people don’t bother opening old threads

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 12:43 pm
Yup If somebody starts a new thread with a short term goal for sukkos, there will definitely be plenty posters joining.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 3:59 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
it might be best to start a new thread. Some people don’t bother opening old threads
I purposely bumped up this old thread to see which diet gave long lasting results.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise